Thursday, November 25, 2010

I 'heart' Geek Boys.

I find that I'm learning more now out of curiosity then I ever learned at school.

It makes me stop and wonder why we have schools now sometimes but not enough to pull the kids out of school... because frankly I'm selfish like that. I like my day times being kid free.

However, seriously, I do more looking up of stuff on my computer then most would think. Just because someone mentioned 'The Manhattan Project' on television, to which I went hmm I think that dealt with Nuclear bomb research. But since I didn't really know very well I shrugged and looked it up. I find myself doing that more and more. Which may also be why it is that when people treat me like I don't know what I'm talking about it bothers me.

hmm... more later.

I know you can't tell but it is actually later now... a few hours later.

I'm sitting in a dark living room in pain and I just finished sharing a video online with some people and told them that this video sums up why it is that I have a thing for geeks.




Women want men who will love them, like Wil loves Anne. What they don't realize is that geeks will do that. The men that fall into the geek category are generally the sweetest most caring and loving men. They also have a fierce loyalty in them as well.

So smarten up ladies and go get yourself a geek.

The Perfect Man

Friend of mine stopped by to pick up her order today... while she was here she was telling me about how she was going to the gun range tonight. She explained that she had been feeling a bit on edge and needed to blow off some steam. She's returned and said that she thinks she's just found her new outlet for her anxiety...
I so badly wanted to tell her to take me with her.

I have this really strange relationship when it comes to firearms. (I say it like that so I won't get spanked about not knowing the difference between a rifle/handgun/pistol/wtfe)
I really don't like the idea of them, I don't find them a necessity of life like others (mainly Americans) do, and I really don't like the idea of them in the house.
And yet...
I really like firing them. I like it so much that it sort of scares me.
The Man took the two boys out while they were away this summer and was showing them how to fire a .22 that his step father has. They seemed to like it but didn't come home asking for one. (Thankfully)
I think I was about the Manchilds age when I first fired one, it to was a .22, when my mum and I were on vacation with family friends. She nearly had a shit fit when she found out. I was a pretty good shot too considering I had no idea what I was doing. I don't know how I'd do now though.
Really wouldn't mind finding out either. However, because of how much I liked it, I was thinking it best if I don't.
I doubt that I'll ever actually own a firearm, but would be nice to go to the range once in awhile.
*shrugs*

1 comment:

Felix Pleșoianu said...

Nothing wrong with learning on your own, on the contrary. I've seen people displaying ignorance about facts they could have learned in about 30 seconds on the Web. It was ugly.

As for firearms, at least now you understand why other people are fascinated with them. ;)