Monday, November 22, 2010

"The government needs to stay out of my bedroom and other peoples pants!"

The above quote is mine after reading about the whole circumcision thing going on in San Fran... and a nod to same sex marriages...

I am an odd person in so many ways and for the most part I embrace my oddities happily. It sets me apart from other people. It attracts others to me, I guess so they can scope me out and see why it is I'm different.

Like how cats slink up to babies to try to figure out what that smell is and why is it making all that noise.

I use that comparison for a good reason because generally most cats don't like most babies and after checking them out will generally leave them alone. Most people will act like the cat and I the baby I suppose.

After checking me out they'll generally stay at a distance. *laughs*

One such oddity that struck me as odd was I ran into a guy I was friends with when I worked at the call centre and as we're standing there catching up for a few moments in the dairy aisle with his gf standing off to the side the thought that seemed quite strange to me that popped up a couple of times was 'it's really too bad I didn't sleep with him'

I mean... really?? come on!

That's not the sort of thing you're supposed to be standing there thinking when talking to someone. Or... maybe that happens to more people then come out and admit to stuff like that.

There's so much stuff that bobs around in my head that if I was to say it people would probably think me a bigger perv then they already do.

That's not exactly something I want out there.

As I said in my other post about the silent time I did... I have those filters that everyone has the ones that tell you what you can and can't say in public or to peoples faces. They were in high gear during that 24 hr period of silence, as it constantly reminded me that I couldn't say anything.

So since I wasn't saying anything out loud it made me realize how much I do tend to say... and how odd some of the stuff that goes through my mind is. And just how sexually based I am. I'm not ashamed of that, I just found it odd.

I'm so sexually based in my life that if I have a dream at night that doesn't involve sex, I find that really strange and take notice of them to see what it is they might be trying to tell me.

I had an odd dream last night there was sex involved in, but the fact that it involved Squasha that really caught me off guard. Probably because there was some woman in my dream that I have no idea who she was who was talking to me about him and he was in some sort of rowing marathon and omg yeah it was really strange.

I can't even remember the rest of it but holy hell it was a crazy dream.

I went to bed in such pain last night. I really do hate doctors, not them as people. It's just it seems whenever I have pain from one thing or another they put me into even more pain trying to figure out what's wrong with me. It's not fun.

On the same note I have a dentist appointment next week. OMG... not looking forward to that... but I'm sick of my tooth  hurting every time I eat something sweet. So after having a dream about me pulling out something lodged in my gums and revealing a huge hole that you could see the roots of my teeth and through to the inside of my mouth... oh yeah that was a nightmare... yeah so after that I woke up looked at the Man and grumbled to him to make me a dentist appointment.

Oh and a third on that same note... had the optical place give us a call and tell me it was time for us to come in and have our eyes checked because it's apparently been 2 years since we were there for our glasses.

While I'm at it I should just find out when my last physical was. oy vey I tell ya.

So last night I made a trek up to Hamilton with someone I barely know, to a Pub I've never been to,  to be with a bunch of people I don't know, to hear an author I hadn't heard of before...

right...

Why, you ask? Because I've been invited several times to go to the Hammertown pagan pub moot and I never get a chance to. So when I got this months invite I posted on their page that if someone was heading up from this part of the Region then I would love to go. Again you ask... why? Because I saw the name of the book that was being flogged at the moot and was drawn to it. I want this book really bad. I've thrown it up onto my wish list on amazon because unfortunately as I said in my last post from earlier I didn't get a chance to buy it last night due to lack of funds because of finding the best fucking deep fried dill pickles I've ever had.

And seriously I've looked everywhere I go for deep fried pickles.

I feel strangely connected to this author and it's quite odd. As soon as I figure out what the draw to the author is I'll let you know... it would be nice to know.
And I'm sure Big Daddy will be glad to know that it's not that I wish to "collect" him.
Love ya Big Daddy :P

Don't worry. I do not collect people. I do not have a roster. I barely have five friends.

Not sure how that's a collection. *winks* love you Big Daddy.

I keep getting distracted from this post for some reason... either I'm typing along and then suddenly I'll just flip to one of my other tabs and fiddle around with myb or fb or twitter or other blogs... it's not even like I'm looking for inspiration to write something... it's not necessary especially since those who get this delivered to their inboxes are going to quirk an eyebrow at getting a second post from me in one day...

I'm trying to sort through the other stuff in my head, now that I've taken an ibuprofen and it hurts less, to figure out what exactly it is I wanted to say and how I want to say it...

Christmas is coming. I'm truly hoping that I don't get stressed out about making sure I have the right gifts for the kids and the Men. One of the traditions in our house is that everyone has to make at least one present for the others in the family. That gift is given to each other on Yule when we do our ritual to welcome back the birth of the sun... yes Sun not Son.
I've asked for my mother's help this year. I've asked that she take each one of the kids out to the craft store so that they can pick out the project they'd like to do for the other. She's agreed, so I'm really glad about that.

I have morbid thoughts. I believe we've covered that numerous times already. However, I'm saying it again for good measure and because I'm about to give another example of how/why that is true.

I have memorized birthmarks on the kids and the Man, should I ever have to identify their bodies. Every time the kids leave my sight to go somewhere I try to memorize what they were wearing in case I have to give their descriptions to the police. Along with that, when walking down the street I try to remember details about people again, in case I have to give a description to the police.

yeah... just another reason I'm odd....

I'm putting together a womens overnight for people who barely know me, and probably couldn't care less if I am there.

I chatted with Nark about this today and tried to figure out why it is that I've decided to put this together for them. I'm still not sure, because I know the reason he came up with can't be accurate... he said something about me being kind and generous or a nice person or some such like that.
I dunno I just feel like these people that I'm doing it for aren't real friends... I hear myself refer to them as 'a friend' in conversation with others but really in my mind I can't help but think if I needed to cry about something and get some emotional comforting they just wouldn't be there.

Yet I feel like I could with one of my ex's... if that doesn't sound just slightly fucked up.

I couldn't pick up my phone and call them when I was going through something emotional two and a half months ago, but ended up talking it over with my ex in the wee hours of the morning.

I dunno... if I figure out why I'm doing this I'm sure I'll let you know about it.



Oh and I just can't hold it in anymore... Anna why are you still coming here? o.O I would actually prefer you to not come here. I can just imagine the conversations you're having behind my back now.

No comments: