Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm Sure You Would Have Been Perfect Court Rumour Fuel.

I've had the song Moves Like Jagger stuck in my head for 2 days now... listened to it on repeat all the way home on the bus today...

I Feel Very Squee.

A week ago today I was sitting around a camp fire listening to others sing songs from a song book very badly... lol everything from Your So Vain to Love The Way You Lie to Bohemian Rhapsody... all in good fun of course...

I've been so busy this week that I've not had a chance to sit down and write about the womens retreat... so I figured since I'm awaiting my laptop to finish installing updates before I can pack it I would sit and talk about the weekend a bit... especially since I'm getting on a plane tomorrow to head for another adventure in the wild west... hmm... was Nevada considered the wild west back in the day? I'm assuming so... so assume that I'm right...

The retreat was lovely... drove 6 hrs with Burton up north... stopped in at the Man's mother's house for lunch (a lunch of which put my dinner of a granola bar to shame!) I figured by saying we'd stop in for lunch we'd get some sandwiches and maybe a salad... she made 2 lasagnas, a big salad, some buttered bread, two kinds of dessert and then brought out watermelon in case we were still hungry... *blinkblink* wtf??

we got to camp and immediately found an acquaintance of ours (whom of course quickly became a good friend over the weekend) we camped with her and her two friends... those three were a riot...
came out from under my turtle shell and was actually sociable...saying hi and stopping to talk to people when out walking the campgrounds (which btw was fucking gorgeous!!)

I'm not going to get right down into graphic detail about the weekend... at least not in this post... but it was a really good weekend... I thoroughly enjoyed riding up with Burton... it's really nice to be in the company of others who do not feel it necessary to talk just for the sake of filling the silence in a vehicle... not just that... we had music going :D no but seriously I had a really good time with Burton... and I'm glad neither of us was too clingy on the other so that we could meet others and feel alright with that... :)

Was real tired on the ride home but didn't really notice much while listening to the music and talking... stopped in at the Man's mom's house again before really starting the journey home on Sunday... he made us supper gave us hugs and sent us on our way...

I think one of the things I enjoyed the most during the weekend was the hour of silence we did on Saturday after lunch... it was a lovely change... especially being out in the middle of the campground no where near cars or roads... and with there only being about 50 women there... it was nice..

I went to bed on Sunday night all by myself which wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I had just seen the Man earlier that day...and had been missing him, and him having been gone all week up north... made me very happy when he and the boys came home the next day...

I've spent this past week getting ready for my flight tomorrow and being very squee at the fact that I get to go spend two weeks with Big Daddy... it's been a lot of inner squee since I know that the Boychild and the Man are going to miss me very much... but... I'll have my laptop and my skype will be on so that I may log on and wish them a good night... much better then just using the phone when they're away...lol

So I got up today knowing that we (the Man and I) had to go out and pick up a few things before I leave tomorrow... so we get ready to go and then I go to get my wallet and it's not where I normally put it... we search the house high and low until finally I give up in a fit of frustration... the Man decides that even though it's unlikely he'll call the bus terminal to see if maybe I forgot it on the bus we were on yesterday when we went to the library... sure as shit my wallet was at the terminal... someone found it on the bus and turned it in... I was completely gobsmacked at the fact that I forgot it on the bus... so we go down to the terminal and get my wallet.. not only is all my id still in it but so is the wee bit of money I had in it... I was mainly worried about my licence and my bank card as those are the two major things I need in the next two days.... I was so happy! I got on the bus to go to the mall and asked it if it had a nice little adventure without me...
Got my medicalert bracelet today... should say... finally replaced... cost me more to get 3 effin letters engraved on it then it did for the bracelet itself... told the Man that I'm glad I didn't go with the words Heart Condition and opted for SVT instead...85¢ per letter... so now I'm all chillin like a villian...

So all now that's left to do is to take my shower... and go to bed... my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...my bags are waiting outside the door... *giggles* nah I won't sing...

So I'll up date some more while I'm in Reno... I'm sure I"ll get a few minutes here or there to plop down some words...

No comments: