Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And I Realize I'm Never Gonna Quit You Over Time


It was seven years ago today that my familiar died in my arms... his name was Ares and he was the best cat in the world...

There has been a few times when I go to talk to Oynx (my cat now) and I've accidentally called him Airball... or Ares.. or one of the many other name I had for Ares... I end up apologizing to Oynx but he comes to all of Ares' nicknames and just cants his head to the side when I slip and call him Ares.

In the seven years since Ares died I've had other cats, even other black cats that I never slipped and called them Ares... it's only ever happened with Oynx.

I had almost forgotten all about the anniversary of Ares' death until Oynx (doing something very un-Oynx like) jumped up into my lap last night and curled up to go to sleep. Generally when Onnie wants to lay on me he climbs up on my chest or shoulders or back of my chair. Last night he very quietly curled up in my lap and didn't even seem to mind me tap tap tapping away on the keyboard beside his ear. He stayed like that long enough that my legs actually started to hurt because I hadn't moved them in so long.



that's it for now... have to go get ready to go for womens circle tonight...

No comments: