Friday, June 04, 2010

Time Is On My Side.... Yes It Is.


I think it's safe to say that everyone has heard the term

"Inner clock" or 'biological clock' or something a bout a persons own timetable...

and how it's trainable or how it can be reset...

You know so a person will be able to get up at a certain time each day, eat dinner at a certain time each day blah blah blah...

Well even before all this infertility stuff I always knew there was something wrong with my bio-clock... I've never been able to 'set' or 'train' it so that I was on a regular schedule of some sort...

Until I realized that it is kind of on it's own schedule and that it's schedule just doesn't coincide with the one I wish for.

I've always gotten up... on my own without an alarm clock at around 11 or noon ... I've always gotten hungry at 8pm... and I've never really gotten tired until 3am...


As any who really care and read this know... I just recently went on a trip to Reno Nevada.

It wasn't until after that trip when I was talking to an aunt of mine that I realized... my biological clock seems to be set for the west coast timezone (PST)...

It was strange at first until I really thought about it... while in Reno I was waking up at about 9am... getting hungry about 5ish... and would be tired and willing to go to bed at about midnight (though I didn't really get to bed at midnight any of the nights there)...

So after coming to this realization I looked at my aunt a bit surprised and said "Am I living in the wrong timezone?" which of course she responded with 'probably' .... but it really made me think...

I mean as a child living on the other side of the country California seems exotic and cool and the place to be according to TV and movies... but I had always had a bigger draw to go south, not west... I'd always wanted to be able to visit Cali but had never really had the want to live there... that want always fell to Louisiana... don't ask I still don't know why but I'm sure I'll figure it out if I ever get to go visit...

So now I just sort of wonder... there are people that swear that they've been born and raised in the wrong century... is it possible that I was born and raised in the wrong time zone?

No comments: