Monday, June 07, 2010

What a Girl Needs..


It's very true...

Girls, Females, Women, Chicks, Gals... they love... romantic comedies, love letters, songs picked out because the lyrics mean something, romantic dinners/gestures...

we want the man of our dreams to fall for us so hard that they'll do 'silly' things that might embarrass them...

we want our men to dote on us... not necessarily with gifts... but with attention and love...

letters that reveal the very soul of the man... words that ring true about their feelings for us...

we want that surprise dinner that you made and lit with candles... whether it pizza or grilled lobster tails... that's not the point... it's the gesture... the effort...

we want the cuddles in the dark, with the whispers of how much we mean to you as we drift off to sleep...

we want the compliments... we'll wave them off.. but inside we're blushing and gushing like school girls...

we want to giggle with our girlfriends about how fantastic you are and listen to them go 'd'aww' as they realize what a great catch you are...

we want sappy text messages to our phones, or emails, or IM's, or our FB's...

we want to know that you think about us when we're not around...

we also want to know that we make you horny, that the thought of us naked in your arms gives you wood...

we are very literal creatures... even if we speak in code to you sometimes...

I've always thought of myself as low maintenance because I've never really been the type that expects a man to pay to get my hair done, get my nails done, I don't demand expensive meals...etc...
But apparently I'm higher maintenance then I had thought from what I've been told... because I ask for ... time.
I guess for some that is a bit much... easier to leave the little woman with the charge card and go off to wherever I suppose... I don't want the charge card... hate those things actually... but... I want a bit of time...

few moments of time to write an email to tell me that I'm loved... a couple seconds to call and say 'I was thinking about you'... a minute or two to let me know I was missed... an hour maybe to hang out...

maybe I am high maintenance... because I don't want the material shit that can be bought and thrown out... I want heart and soul and realism...

when I was 16 I would joke about finding a rich old guy with one foot in the grave do some nasty shit for a couple years with him and then have his money to buy whatever I wanted... my oh my... how life will have you changing your mind about things...


Man I gotta stop blogging after watching romantic comedies... maybe I should have watched Zombie Strippers with the Man tonight instead...

**late addition to list of wants**
We want a man that's willing to fight... fight off big bad guys for us... and fight for us... but not with us... *laughs*

No comments: