Sunday, August 29, 2010

I'm Too Good To Be True?! Mhmm...


The other day when I was feeling sorry for myself and trying to figure some stuff out in my life I asked my ex who was drunk and extremely honest at the time a question that has had me wondering for a few years...

What's wrong with me...

Now I should clarify that normally I'm not really all that worried about stuff like that, not until something bad happens and has me questioning the entire world.

So I said to him... "I don't understand... I get told by men that I'm awesome, that I'm exactly what they wish for in a woman, that if they could they would totally make me happy and how they can't believe that I'm real and all this other stuff. Not to mention them telling me I'm hot and sexy and other things of that nature. However, when it come right down to it and it's time for them to commit or step up in some way to make good on all those things they had said about me they don't. What's wrong with me that they don't want to really be with me?"

So after fully explain to him the issue that was floating around in my head... in his drunken honesty he comes out with this explanation...

"You're too good to be true and you are a fantasy that men like to have but will never actually have. You're what we wish our women to be like but will always go back to the nagging women who are constantly trying to change us and pushing us to do things that we really don't want to do."

After me complaining that that was just stupid, he went on to say that women like me are confusing and a puzzle. I was told again that I was pretty much too much work and that men would rather do what was easy.

So instead of doing what could theoretically make them happy they do what's easiest for them.

I would love to hear other peoples opinions on this because of course like I said all I had to go on was the honest drunken ramblings of someone who said I was too much of a hassle almost 10 years ago.

because I'm not sure I can believe the answer of 'You're too good to be true' answer to my 'What's wrong with me?' question.

No comments: