Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh What A Night... Late December back in... (Well technically August...)


what a day indeed...

I woke up today with the intention of going into the temple to do my workout ... went in and ended up doing a fairly lengthy meditation instead...

I came out and the Man and Boychild had just come back from the dentist, Boychild has no cavities... yay...

So I'm standing there looking over as I see him scratching his head... been on his case the last couple of showers he's had to fully wash out all the shampoo and conditioner out of his hair or his head will be itchy... then it dawned on me.... I went over to the loveseat and sat down... put a pillow down on the floor and had him kneel down and started checking... sure as shit... I found head lice... I wanted to cry... the poor kid has had it a few times in his life (since starting school)... I didn't have enough of the treatment solution to treat all of us... which I do every time it happens...

I thought we were going to all cry as I sat here and shaved 17" of his beautiful blonde off of his little head... as he sat there and fretted over the fact that the Manchild will likely make fun of his haircut... I just wanted to cry....

So in an act of solidarity the Man sat down while the Boychild was in the shower... so now they have this wager going to see who's hair will grow the fastest... we kept his hair (after washing it) and then I used the treatment on myself and on the Boychild... it was either that or I shaved my head as well... which I really considered...

So then of course came the stripping of beds and spraying of furniture and washing of bedding... Not what I expected to be doing today...

I then got a wild hare up my ass and took all the elements off the stove after making dinner and completely washing (SCRUBBING) the crap out of it... moved/trashed the stuff on the small counter top beside the stove... because we've found that we have a couple of resident rodents that have moved in... colour me pissed off...

Other then that I've been wanting to get the house clean before the Man and the kids head up north for two weeks... I'd like to do mostly a lot of resting those two weeks... you know since I won't have them to boss around and get me things :P

The last week when the Manchild was here we came to the conclusion that we totally need to watch more bad horror/thriller movies together... we watched Jaws 3 and Jaws 2 (yes in that order) and laughed our butts off at the graphics and acting in them...
But he enjoyed them... and wants to watch more of 'em... I told him he should just come here and live with us for his grade 8 year so I can get him caught up in all the bad 70's and 80's horror movies...

I've been drinking milk like it's going out of style... don't know why... not much of a milk drinker... but as of late can't seem to get enough of it... oh and fresh veggies... odd combo I know...

now I'm all yawny and need to go back to sleep... I'm thinking I'd love to just sleep for the two weeks that all the boys are gone... oh how sweet that would be...

oh and I want to go back to school... hmm not sure how that's gonna work...

No comments: