Monday, April 18, 2011

I don't believe in sanctity or hypocrisy...Can everyone agree that no one should be left alone...I feel like a new-born kicking and screaming

Rather then staying at home this morning and being all hateful online... I figured since I hadn't eaten anything I would go up the street and get my blood-work done at the lab... it's usually not very busy... you know with a wait time of maybe 10 to 15 minutes...

So I had a shower and got all ready to go... put my ear-buds in my ears...slipped on my sandals and walked out the door... I took the requisition forms with me for the blood-work and for the x-ray I needed to get done...

I walked through the door into the lab and picked up a number... 42... then heard the woman at the desk call... 31... oh yeah it was packed... I just silently looked up to the ceiling and asked why my patience is what gets tested more often then anything else... I sat and waited like a good girl... 

after being there for about 30 minutes I heard an alarm go off (like a kitchen timer) and one of the techs said to the other jokingly in passing 'You think he's awake?' with a chuckle and then I heard them call The Man's name... I knew he had been up there but I hadn't seen him so thought maybe he wasn't there anymore... sure enough he comes out from the back and goes into a cubicle... 

when it was my turn she took 7 vials of my blood... got a full STI panel, glucose, cholesterol, thyroid,...blah blah blah...

up next... walking across the street to the hospital in the snow...and went to go get my thumb x-rayed... my right thumb has been really sore for almost two months... so when I was down at the doctors I decided to talk to him about it... if he doesn't see any injury or arthritis in my thumb then he's saying he'll shot a bit of cortizone into it and hope that it will help... so I'll have to see how it goes... I'd prefer to not start getting shots in my thumb...

the Man and I went to Timmy's after the x-ray, where I explained one of the reasons I was so upset... we headed next door afterward and priced some ram for my netbook...one more thing that's sort of not needed but omg would so be appreciated... found out it will only cost 40 bucks to get it... so I'll have to look at the budget to see if that can be squeezed out...

came home...and vegged... I had wanted to watch Queer As Folk and just make jewelry... though still in a foul mood I didn't want to try to make something beautiful while feeling so ugly...

the Man got me smiling and laughing while at Timmy's...

I'm still upset but not as nearly as upset as I was this morning... now I'll just end up worrying.. and replaying shit over and over again... 

And now I'll have the worry in the back of my mind about my tests... I always do... I get them all done every year... but I still worry... I think it's only natural... and I know I'll be ecstatic and let out the sigh of relief when the doc tells me that everything is fine... too bad I have to wait a week... 

so tomorrow is a trip to the pharmacy to pick up my new meds... I'm kinda hoping that Laurier calls tomorrow as well saying that my new glasses are in... that'd be nice... really looking forward to them...

I'm really tired... I feel like I could sleep for days...

No comments: