Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Circe

I didn't get to meet her but once but that one time I met her we chilled out and spent a whole lot of time together for two and a half weeks.
She was really spunky and had a bitchy personality at times. However, nonetheless we hung out and had a lot of fun playing together.

Circe 2011

Especially on those days where Bing would be at work for long nights and it was just the two of us in the house. She would tear ass around or would bat around dingling balls. Which Bing didn't want to buy in the first place because of the noise of them, but we got them for her anyhow and she loved how they rolled on the hardwood floor in the dining room which was lacking in furniture. Talk about a great playground for a kitten.

I fell in love with that little furball.

So when I got the message earlier this year that Big Daddy had to get her put done because she had gotten really sick and wasn't coming back from it. I cried. I mean it I loved that little cat, then to hear the heartbreak that he went through because of the situation I cried again. I felt bad that I could console him except with words and as we all know those are severely lacking at times of great sorrow.

When I got here last week I immediately noticed that her toys were still around the house. The next day I realized when I went into the laundry room that her food dish was still out with food in it and her litter box was still set up.

I couldn't help but shed a tear. Bing had said that he hadn't been able to bring himself to throw away her toys.

So yesterday I had decided while I was doing some cleaning that sometimes it just takes a friend to come along and help you out in in situations such as this.

Circe 2011
I gathered the toys of hers that I could find from around the house and put them all into her little cubby scratching post thingy...gathered up her pet taxi, litter box, and food dishes...
I took them outside and sat in the sun and washed them all down and cried.

When I finished I packed them all together and put them into the garage. I found I couldn't even bring myself to throw them away. I sat by her rock for a little while when I was finished and just let her know that not only was I going to miss her Bing but I was also going to miss her, and that I had already been missing her.

I know how hard it is when you lose a pet that you love. My boy Ares got really sick and died in my arms, and I just sat there holding him for a couple of hours because I just couldn't let him go.  It was The Man who had to deal with burying him and getting rid of his toys. I just couldn't do it.

I hope that my doing that yesterday didn't make  Bing upset I had just wanted to help him out because I know how hard that sort of shit could be. I also know how hard it is to see it everyday as well.

Circe 2011
Circe was a great little kitty and I'm so sorry that she's gone.

No comments: