Friday, November 04, 2005

Don't Want To Be An American Idiot, The Subliminal Mind Fuck America

So yeah I lasted 2 whole hours at work tonight.... *sigh*

I couldn't take it... was getting chest pains... and was too distracted by them...

but man had a couple of doozy's before I left work...

one guy called to yell at me that his cable had been off "ALL DAY" ... so when I asked him what the lights on his modem were doing... he answered with " the standby light is on"
Me "do you have a standby button on the top of your modem?"
Him"uh... yeah"
Me "could you push that button for me please?"
Him *sigh* "yeah I guess"
Me tight lipped "thank you"
Him "oh wow its back on"
Me (smacking myself in the head with my keyboard while phone is on mute)
Him "thanks... bye"
click...

I hate stupid people

theres others... but... alas I don't have the energy to type out the conversations...

you know.. one of the things I've learnt in the last couple of years... lying isn't worth it... I tried it...
I tried to spare Raistlans feelings by lying to him before... all it did was blow up... and he lost faith in me... and it took me a long time to get his trust back...
Now after that long road... everything is fucking awesome... was it worth it.. I dunno... I don't know if we would have ended up here without going there first... so it does make one wonder...

So my question to all of you my faithful readers....

Is there ever a good reason or good time to lie about something?
c'mon let's talk about this one....

4 comments:

reesie said...

I was mostly taught that you shouldn't ever really lie unless it was one of the teeny white lies meant to spare someone's feelins. Like, oh I just LOVE that shade green on your carpet, or, that new haircut is sure different, ;)). Now me being a big girl, if i'd ever ask someone how did I look in a certain article of clothing, that's NOT the time for a lil white lie,,, LOL!!

Love said...

I like Deli's answer. Mainly because, there's alwys an exception to the rule.

Bone said...

As a rule, I cannot lie. My conscience bothers me way too much. That being said. I've been in situations where I told one person I'd keep something private, then another person asked me a direct question about it, so I ended up having to lie to person #2 to keep my word to person #1.

The Witch Doctor said...

See I don't believe that lying is a good idea in any situation... to lie is a choice... you have to conciously make the choice to sit there and lie... or to stand there and lie... or look that person in the eye and lie...

How do you feel with yourself after you lie?
How do you feel in your stomach when you lie?
Do you feel guilty?