Thursday, November 10, 2005

Too Stern On Stern...

So today on the way home from driving Raistlan to work I was listening to Howard Stern...

Just as I was pulling into the driveway, they were playing a clip of two senators talking about the scheduling on the American Forces Radio... well they decided to use Howard Stern as an example...

The one guy had asked what the conditions were for being put on the AFR and the other guy answered that "you had to have a syndicated show that had over 1 million listeners..." so the first guy said "well if those are the only requirements why don't we have the Howard Stern show on there as well it seems that maybe there are other conditions as well that we don't know about"

so Senator 2 said some shite about Howard Stern being offensive and how there are lots of people that find his radio show and its content offensive.
Senator 1 replied with "so you're admiting that there are other criteria for what gets played on the ARF"

So it goes on like that for atleast another minute until Sentor 1 says to Senator 2 "well there are people out there that believe that Rush Limbaugh is offensive and his content has a lot to be desired" They aren't putting somebody like Howard on because they think that the Arabs will find it offensive....

Well anyway thats how the conversation/debate went on for a few minutes... until Howard turned it off...

But they debate would have been interesting to finish... because serioiously... who's the judge of what thousands of people would find offensive... Have you listened to Howard Stern lately?? seriously he's nowhere near as bad people believe he is... he just speaks bluntly about whats on his mind.. which a lot of the time happens to be tits and ass.. he's just like everyother American male.. except one thing... he made it look and sound good... and has his own radio show...

I will be one of the first to point out that I don't agree with most of the things that Rush Limbaugh has too say in the least...

I'm not political... everyone else tells me what I am.. I've been labeled a Liberal... as a matter of fact I might a guy that as soon as he found out I was Canadian he nodded and said "yep, Liberal"...
I just shrugged and said whatever... lol

but in my opinion I think if they're gonna have one side of the coin on the American Forces Radio (Rush Limbaugh) then why not have the other side of the coin (Howard Stern)

shouldn't it be up to the troops? shouldn't they get a say in what they would like to listen too??

**************

So I have a tip for you...
Todays tip - Don't fry bacon on the range naked... as a matter of fact don't fry any food naked...

No comments: