Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hey, I Never Met A Girl That I Could Miss.

A few weeks before my 17th birthday I met this guy at a bar... he and his friend were there drinking good cheap beer while watching some sports game... my sister and I were there playing pool... they guys wandered over to the pool table and asked if we were gonna make them play us for the table... we said of course... My sister went to get a drink and told me to play one of them for the table... Their names were Paul and Andy... I played Andy... the taller of the two... Andy was a big guy... built like a wall, he had very short blondish hair... I racked 'em, he broke... I cleaned the table with him... probably not the best thing to do with a guy since they can be so competetive...

His friend, Paul, laughed at him... and decided that he wanted to take on my sister... so she beat him as well... just barely... but she still beat him... apparently we intrigued them... well because they stayed and continued chatting with us until the end of the night... we found out that they came over from the states pretty much every sunday night...

there reason... Canadian beer is better and cheaper... lol

so for the next couple of weeks we would meet up with them at the bar on sundays... we exchanged numbers.. I with Andy and Sis with Paul...

I invited them over for my birthday, I was having a party at my aunt's house... yeah they were floored when they found out it was only my 17th birthday... considering Andy was something like 23 or 24... I thought that me being 17 was going to be a factor that made them not come...
But they did... we sat around eating pizza and watching Rocky Horror Picture Show... a whole bunch of us... hell I can barely remember who else was even at the party... I spent most of the time on Andy's lap talking with him quietly between singing songs from the movie...

Andy got off work most days fairly early in the afternoon, I would talk to him on the phone while he drove home... he asked me one day what it is I wanted for my birthday... I jokingly told him that I wanted to go to the R.E.M concert in Buffalo... I said that would be the perfect present because I was really eally into them then...

couple days later he called and said that I had to talk to my mom and find out if I could go into the states with him... when I asked why... his answer was 'for your birthday present' I was so excited...

I talked to my mom and dad who were both extremely leery about me going into the states with this guy they didn't know...
But they ok'd it... my mom wrote down a list of info she wanted from him before he took me with him... name, number, drivers license number, license plate number, make and model of his car, name and number of his parents...etc.. mom was nothing if not thorough ;)

He took me to his parents house before the concert... we watched some tv...
I still remember the concert... Radiohead was opening for R.E.M... I never sat down the entire time... I was up and dancing on the chair, infront of the chair on Andy's lap...
It was a good concert...

My sister had her own apartment then so it was easy for us to see Paul and Andy... I would just tell mom I was going to hang out with sis... She didn't have a phone at the time so it was perfect...

One time that he came to Sis' apartment, we were really tired... we went into my sisters room to take a nap... I'll never forget that nap... he was so much bigger then me that when he curled up behind me and put his arm over me... my sister couldn't even see me when she came in to wake us up...

He came to the highschool a couple times to watch the fashion show I was incharge of practicing...then we would go and hang out... or he would come to my babysitting gig with me...

One night he came over while I was at my sisters place... we went for a drive... we ended up down at the beach... one of the parking lots where you can look out onto the lake... we sat there and talked and talked and talked... we had never had sex before that night...and by the time it came to us that we coulda been doing that we were both way too tired... we were in the car until 7 the next morning... he drove into Fort Erie and bought me breakfast from McDonalds... gave me a pair of his jeans that he had in the trunk so that I didn't have to go to school in the same thing I had on from the day before... I had that belt done up so tight you could have wrapped the other end around another person... he was so worried that my parents were gonna be mad at us... I got home from school that day and my parents just thought I had been at my sisters all night...

Andy was relieved when I called him that afternoon and told him that they didn't know... he showed up at my place that night and asked if we could just go for a drive... played the song 'Never Known A Girl Like You Before' and told me that he had never in his life ever met someone like me before... (gag me eh? lol)

Last time I spoke to him... I was at a pay phone and I was pregnant with Gambit... which scared him... he thought he was getting 'that call' ...I laughed and told him we had never actually had sex remember...

It got fairly hairy at the end of our friendship...

hmmm... I'm not quite sure why I just shared that with you...

"Hey, I never met a girl like you before.
Yeah, I never met a girl like you before.
Girls like you are very hard to find."

No comments: