Saturday, July 31, 2010

Go West, Life is Peaceful There... Go West...

So about the picture to the left... I did it at this neat website someone told me about... I've never claimed to be an artist I usually end up doing strange abstract types of pictures when I paint or sketch... I do enjoy it though... and usually when I sit down to do a picture in whatever medium I tend to do sunsets, skies or mountain landscapes...

In the midst of doing this picture today I stopped... turned and looked at the Man while I thought for a few moments...

I took art lessons when I was younger, I took every art class I could in school...

I have a couple of pieces hanging in my house... one of a sunset over water... one a landscape of mountains with a small lake and another of a whale tale coming out of the ocean... I did all of them when I was about 12 yo...

Well it dawned on me while I was thinking about that for the moment that I was looking at the Man... the sun sets on the west coast (yeah...duh...we know) ... the best mountains in North America (imho) are on the west coast... I love mountains and sunsets... I subconsciously/automatically go there in my mind when doing anything dealing with artsy stuff...

the Man thinks it means I want to move West, but ever since I can remember I've had a draw to the South... Louisiana specifically... whereas my first idea was past life stuff...

I guess all my day dreams seem to head Westward.

No comments: