Monday, November 19, 2012

Screw Loose? Shrinking? Hrm...

Went to see Dr Awesome last week... told him about some of my aches and pains that I was having...and also asked him if he could take a 'look' at my ankle...

He told me about a very rare syndrome I have that not very many people experience and after telling me what it is I completely understand why not many people experience this...

it's called 'Shrinking Syndrome'... lmao

People will feel the affects of their body trying to realign itself after losing a whole bunch of weight...some will get it in their shoulders...some will get it in their hips...apparently I'm getting it in both...because when you lose weight from your bottom half it comes off both the front and the back...so your hips get a little confused and then especially for women when losing weight up top it's generally just in the front...so the shoulder muscles start wondering what the fuck happened...so need to keep doing my stretches to keep putting myself back together...

Dr Awesome, since he is pretty much legally blind, was an awesome pick to check out my ankle first...he did most of it by feel. Also he has many plates and screws himself and has had to deal with this sort of stuff himself. At first when I told him what I thought was happening he didn't seem to think that's what was happening... but then by the look on his face as he was feeling around my ankle and feeling the plate and where it was and then feeling the lump that I think is a screw he was of the same opinion and told me to call the surgeon so that I could get some xrays and really find out what's going on...
There is a small lump above the swelling that's hard to see in this pic and that of course is where the screw head is.


Now he said that the worst that could happen is that they give me a local in my ankle make a small incision and he gets out his trusty screwdriver to take the screw out right in the office... however I think the worst thing that could happen is I find out that the screw is coming out, there's small fractures around the plate and I have to get a cast because my being on it is causing it to not heal properly...but ya know that's just off the top of my head...
Am I freaking out a bit? Yes!
Am I going to stop? No, probably not... Not until I go to my appointment tomorrow and find out what's what...

But while talking about health stuff... here's an interesting little something... my knuckles... (two index fingers and one middle finger) have finally fully healed after me tearing them to shit while at Bing's house on his punching bag...however... I now have three more scars to add to the collection of scars I have on my hands and knuckles...


hrm... I wonder if Bing would let me rent a room off of him for a week just so I could use his punching bag.. totally stay out of his way...wouldn't even know I was there...I'd get some peace and quiet...a lovely setting...and a punching bag to take any and all aggressions out on... lmao... I'm thinking No...
He's probably getting used to the idea of not hearing from me...let alone seeing or hearing me...

Meh...anyway...

I've made myself sick with my not giving a fuck... off the top of my head what I can name this last week that I've eaten that I shouldn't...
chocolate bars, deep fried pickles, pizza, timbits, hot chocolate...

Yeah not exactly sticking to my diet there...and therefore have given myself headaches, allergy symptoms as well as a sore throat...though that could be due to smoking...*shrugs*

I should care and I should stop as well...but meh...

I've even asked a couple of people how do you start caring again...they didn't know...

No comments: