Monday, September 15, 2008

Why Can't We Not Be Sober?



So....

It's exactly one week before my birthday... my 30th birthday... I'm not freaking out like a lot of people do... I could careless it's another number... and I really don't feel 30...

Someone asked me if I was freaking out... and I honestly answered "No, maybe I'll be taken seriously now, when I have something to say."

I've always gone through life with people saying stupid demeaning things such as "Oh you're too young to have an opinion about that" ... "Well you wouldn't know about that, you're too young?" ... "Oh you're only a baby..." ... "Well I"ll check anyway..." ... "Are you sure??"

I only really talk about something or tell someone something if I'm sure... generally when not in a heightened over sensitive and over emotional place while having the conversation... which generally only happens when talking with Jamie... so... I'm fairly confident that I know what I'm talking about, unless I come right out and say "Well I don't know that much about this could you explain it a bit better..." which I have been known too do.

If they don't take me more serious then maybe I'll just shrug... say fuckit... and become a hermit that does nothing but play computer games online all day long... and just stop interacting with people....

Next!

So here's a non-rhetorical question for you all... let's see if any of you actually answer it...

After two people have been in love for 5 years can they ever just be friends?

I would love to hear the answer on this one as others I've spoken too have some very interesting opinions about whether or not that could actually ever happen. Some say yes... some say no... some say it depends who the people are... some say they won't answer...

I know... it's a toughie... but gimme an opinion ; )

2 comments:

Moon said...

Well, its so relative really, no two ppl are the same, nor are the circumstances , so to say yes or no, would be irresponsable lol.But in a general sense If the love has continued, then I would say no...to continue as friends would be too difficult and trying for emotional reasons...If the love has waned , then I would say yes...because there is less emotion involved, so being a friend is doable, without it affecting the rest of your life. I for one am sort friends with my ex..we have to deal with eachother as theparents of our daughter, it can be amicable, and I guess I could consider him a friend to a point now , he was someone I deeply loved at one time..(hard to believe OMG but true lol) As friends go, I wouldnt hang with him anymore but I wouldnt want anything bad to happen to him and if he needed me, I would be there, as I am sure he would for me etc.

thats my opinion, u asked for it lol.
As for your bday, BONNE FETE!
To be honest, I have never been affected by bdays, EXCEPT MY 30TH lol..it was the only one that I did not enjoy, I guess for me, I had so many ideas of what I would have done or where I would be by the time I got to 30 that when I did, and I was no where near what I thought, it bothered me. I have to add, that I wasn't a very happy camper that time in my life either so that didn't help.
My fav bday since then was 40...its true what they say, that things are much better after 40 lol, and I look forward to 50 and 60 etc etc...I am thankful for each yr and even more so since I share my live with my Chris...
I hope u have a great day !!! Take pics and share them with us k!!

Anna said...

My 30th was hard on me, it had been on my mind for a few years before hand which is probably why it was so tough. I had worked it up so much that I honestly thought I was 28 two years in a row). So yeah...not a happy year for me but after that the others were just a number because I still feel 28 :P.

As for being able to just be friends with someone you've been in love with. Of course it's possible, if you want it to be. Love is something you choose to do everyday, it's when you stop choosing things change and change just means different.

*hugs*