Sunday, September 28, 2008

And this house just ain't no home anytime she goes away...

Alright so here I am finally giving you all an update on what's happening in my neck of the woods...

How was Monday? Did I do all those things on my list? *laughs* Well I haven't been posting but it's not because I was in Switzerland...

My birthday was like any other 'Monday'... So you can imagine how that went... suffice it to say I had a good time when I went to my friends house and saw some people that I hadn't had a chance to visit with in awhile... The rest of the day was shit.

Awoke to a phone call telling us that the townhouse that we had gotten the ok to rent... was no longer ok'd... after a bit of a bitch session I got back on my computer and started looking for more houses to go and look at...
Didn't end up going out to breakfast, by that time just didn't feel like celebrating anything...

So it's been a bit of a hectic week...

House hunting, (which back and forth on a bus can be a bit difficult with timing and such... You know taking the bus for over 45 mins, walking for a few more, looking at a house for about 30 mins tops, walking a few minutes and waiting 45 minutes for a bus to take 45 minutes to get home again... when you live about 10 mins away by car... it really is frustrating some days), errands to various buildings health card, odsp...blah blah blah..., got one of my many wanted tattoos, had some blood tests done... oh and other things I can't really think about at this point...

So we sign a lease on Wednesday... for a 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 kitchen house... with a big patio, a backyard, across the street (literally) from a park, and two blocks from the elementary school... we figure the ups and downs paid off finally... that's what I get for jumping the gun... and my promise to the universe can still be fullfilled, actually it can be fullfilled even moreso with this place... biggest problem I have with the place... besides the small bedrooms... is it's in the city... not right in the downtown core... close enough towalk to it though...

So changing schools for the boychild, changing phone numbers, changing a bunch of other stuff as well... but... thems the sacrifices that we make in order for the children to have a yard, a play room and a park nearby...

so thats my news... it took me all day to type it out but gosh darnit I finally made another post...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Congrats on the house, bet you guys can't wait to get in there.

It's been a long time coming but you'll finally have a lot more space...you know what that means right? Lots more to clean!

Did you frame the lease yet? :p

*hugs*