Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh What Can It Mean, To A Daydream Believer and A Homecoming Queen...

Not to be all angst-y again ... I try to get my angst out here and then to move on... keyword there is try... So not to say that I'm not dealing with some crap still but... onward....

So week two of the beginning of school is coming to an end ... and I have not been to the gym these past two weeks like I had wanted.. if it wasn't one thing it was another... so when I've been going to get the monkey from school I've been leaving the house a bit late so that I have to hustle my ass and get some cardio going... yeah lame... but it's that little bit that will help...

I'm thinking of recruiting a friend of mine to help me out for a couple of weeks...

Went and met the teachers at the little guys school last night... I'm not sure at which grade it was that I started having more then one teacher a day... but I know that in grade two I did not have three teachers.

Their day is split into three... they have two periods then a nutrition break then two periods then lunch then two periods... so he has one teacher for the first two, another in the second two and the third in the last two periods...

That's really kind of confusing for a 7 year old... and hell that's going to make parent teacher interviews a bit confusing...

If this first two weeks was a preview of the year to come I'm going to become the schools worst nightmare... a major component of school is spelling... and everyone knows that I'm a spelling nazi.. .so when my kid is coming home and his spelling words that he has to study for the next week aren't spelt correctly in his book... I have a problem with this... either he copied them down wrong, or they put them up wrong... for the second scenario it wouldn't surprise me (see below for that rant) however, for the first one... if he's put them done wrong, they check the agendas everyday so... you would think that the would have corrected the spelling list at the side. Nope. I did.


Now as for the second scenario... it wouldn't surprise me as I know a few teachers, and sure they're not all english teachers but... come-the-fuck-on... you should know how to spell. I don't care if you work with elementary students, high school or college level people. Spelling mistakes reflect so poorly on a teacher. A typo here and there is understandable as we all do them. It's usually a case of brain moving faster then the fingers. However, when you are constantly spelling words in correct, you need to look at your profession and think... how serious am I about this... children look up to you and you are setting an example for them. If you can't spell simple everyday words what does that say about you?

I think it's downright shameful that there are people out there teaching my kids and other peoples children that can't spell. Yeah it may seem to be a small thing, but when you come to think about how much typing/writing and what not you have to do in your daily lives...

People say there's two subjects you'll use everyday from elementary school... 1- Math ... 2- English.

If you can't express yourself via the written word when you're a teacher, without coming across looking like an idiot, get a new job.


So it's 11 days until my birthday... and thus far it looks as if it's going to suck a large knobby cock... and I haven't been anywhere near as excited about it as I have in past years... *shrugs* maybe I'm actually starting to grow up. Or it could be because of all this bullshit that's been dumped on me by a friend who dumped it and then left me 'waiting'... so much fun I couldn't even bear to try and shake a stick at it...

friend

n.
  1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
  2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
  3. ---> A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade. <---
  4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.
  5. Friend, A member of the Society of Friends; a Quaker.
anyway a little side tangent there for a moment...

So back to the birthday... I have no plans as of yet... I won't be going out because my sitter won't be around... doubt we'd go out anyway not much money laying about for that sort of stuff... so it looks like my 30th will be spent at home... doing what we do every night...
Pinky and I will be 'TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!' *insert evil laugh here*

yeah... I know... showing my age... and also displaying how tired I am... that's what happens when you get no sleep... or aren't sleeping well when you do sleep... unfortunately it's been easier to do during the day... when others - I know - are awake...


*laughs* So not impressed in this labour day picture but it so reflects how I'm feeling right now. No smile. No laughter. No patience. No sleep.
Though I must have some sort of sense of humour to put up such an unattractive pic of myself ;)


Oh and looking at that pic it's hard to believe, whether your a daydreamer or not, that I once was a homecoming type queen...

No comments: