Sunday, September 21, 2008

And I Can Tell That He'll Be There For Life

I'm so glad that my kids feel they can talk to me about anything... that's the way I was hoping that they'd turn out... it was proven too me though this Friday when my oldest showed up for his weekly stay with us...

He walks in and announces to me "Mom, I got pubes" with a grin on his face, as if this was the benchmark sign he'd been waiting for to prove that he was indeed chugging along into puberty. I just stopped and blinked and chuckled "Well that's good, and how did this all come about?"
him... "Well I was going to the bathroom and thought there was a piece of fluff, so I went to pick it off to put it into the toilet, and it hurt."

Ok so this is where I start laughing and jokingly said to him "Oh no honey that was just your penis" of course that whole joke from high school that Jason used to say I thought I had a pubic hair until I peed out of it... anyway... so quick as he is he puts up his thumb and says "my penis is about this big maybe even bigger, how big is yours?" to which I promptly answered "Much bigger then that but I keep it in a box" which of course confused him...

So anyway, he seemed oh so proud about this pubic hair discovery, so I asked him if he had told his dad yet, he blushes and says "No I just found it at grandma's house" which of course made me laugh. So of course I asked him if he told Grandma to which he blushed again and said no.

I didn't do the whole 'Aww my little boy is growing up' but I had to smile inwardly as I was happy that he was happy to share such a personal discovery with us... since he did share it with his step dad, brother and me...

Didn't realize just how much fun it would be to have boys... *laughs*

1 comment:

Anna said...

*laughs* that's really cute, the things kids say crack me up.

Hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Happy 30th.

*hugs*