Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ode to Big Daddy...


I don't see him as many others would see him...

they would ask how did you get past that prickly exterior... or how did I get around the fact that he seems to keep people at arms length... how did I get him to open up and do more then just answer direct questions... how did I get past the sarcasm and the acerbic attitude...

For the most part I would have to say that I don't really know...

I talked to him... I listened to him.. we connected on some level even before knowing each other's real names...

Even before ever seeing each other or hearing each other's voices... we would talk for hours...days...weeks... about everything... (almost)

We would be there for each other... I didn't see him as any of those things... at least not to me... though to me the sarcasm is and was funny because I do it too...

When finally we met in person I didn't see any of those things until witnessing them being done to others... then I thought it was funny... and I felt special... I felt like I had been let in to see the real him before ever seeing him and that somehow I got the secret key to the other parts of him...

The caring, compassionate, generous, loving, nurturing, gentle, vulnerable, protective... sides...

You know the sides that all girls read about in romance novels and dreamily sigh and say 'oh I wish...'

When I was angry...he was there to calm me down... when I was sad, he was there to hug me... when I was upset and shutting down he was there to hold my hand and tell me that it will pass and everything will be alright again... when I was sick he was there to help me to stand up when I couldn't do that on my own... when I could barely move without groaning in pain he was laying there beside me holding my hand and rubbing my back... he was there to help my family even when he didn't want to get out of bed... he was there at night whispering with me in the dark until the wee hours of the morning... he made me feel important to him when in a crowd of people that made me feel small... he held my hand at a time when it would have been most awkward, without a care...

He did all the things that would make me fall in love with him... after I had already fallen in love with him...

He makes it so easy for me to love him...

I will say, he's not perfect by a long shot... but the fit is too snug for him to not be perfect for me...

The Divine truly have a cruel sense of humour.

No comments: