Saturday, September 04, 2010

Blast From The Past...

Every morning I wake up and generally my first thought goes to Big Daddy... been that way for well over a year now...

So colour it weird that when I woke up today he wasn't my first thought but another man was... Robert Jensen my old dance teacher.

I had a strange dream that I've already sort of written about elsewhere...

Robert was only in his 20's when I was in dancing, I was at the academy for 10 years, I was never one of the best dancers, I didn't really stand out of the crowd... but there was a sort of kinship that I felt with him...

I was in karate and dancing at the same time when I was younger... I've always loved music... loved movies...

before or after class if there was a few minutes we would talk about the latter two a bit... one year in the fall when we went back to class he had told me all excitedly that he had started taking karate... so we suddenly had that in common...

that was also the year that he used the theme to enter the dragon the bruce lee story's as our dance for the recital and we wore karate uniforms...

Over the years I've thought of him off and on and wondered what happened to him and whether or not he was alright.

A year before I finished at the academy he told us that he had to leave the academy, he was going to help his family's business. I cried and had to leave the room because I knew that would be the last time I saw him. And it was.

It was a very movie moment, I sat in the car passenger seat and was watching the front door of the academy through the side view mirror. I watched him come out of the building, get into his car and leave.

That was the last time I saw him.

So we know how kitty like I am at times... so I looked him up. Just on the net to see if I could see what he was up too. He's still a dance teacher and that makes me really happy, I know how much dancing made him happy.


No comments: