Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Jumble...

Man Up Marine!

I can't help but wonder if that always works to get a marine to do what you want them to. I mean it seems to work in the movies and tv shows... someone wants them to say or do something or to fess up to something and they say that too them and you see the muscles in the side of the marines jaw tense up as they get a bit riled by that and then they do it... whatever that it might be.

So I can't help but wonder if their programming during their time has made it so that they respond to that whether they want to or not.

just another odd thing that I end up thinking about for a few days because of some television show or movie...

*****

So I was once asked... why did I drink and do so many drugs when I was younger...
I can only say that it's because I love the feeling of flying... ever since I was a little girl and we flew to Florida for summer break I had tried to recapture that feeling a whole lot... you'd think I would have gone to school to become a stewardess or some such... but nope I didn't... silly me.


Then again when I graduated from high school I had little choices about travelling around the world in an airplane... not when I had a one year old out in the audience that day yelling 'Yay Mommy!' when I got my diploma... how could I leave that little boy to travel the world just to get my high...

I'm not an alcoholic anymore... and I'm not a drug addict anymore... but I still like that high... and every once in awhile it's like an old friend who pops by for a visit... like visiting friends though you have to know when to leave... sure you let them stay a day or so but then you try to nicely explain to them that they need to go home now... I'll drink. I'll even smoke one or two. I never let them control me now though... I'm not as stupid as I used to be.

I never smoke around my children, I never smoke when they're awake or if I know that they could wake up... I'll have one or two drinks but won't let my kids ever see me drunk... the high from both is no longer worth more then the respect of my children.

Usually if I have something really stressful happen in my life I will do one or the other for a few days... but instead of getting the high I get rest and relaxation. I get a mini vacation away from my issues... after that mini vacay and some time to look at the issue through a haze... I'm able to work through it...

I'm quite sure that there are quite a few shrinks and psychologists that would have a hayday telling me how wrong that is... but hey that's how I roll.

So I drink myself until I feel good then move forward from what's bothering me...

Apparently surrounding myself with people and trying to not be alone... doesn't work. Just makes me uncomfortable and irritated. That and really bad company.

*****

I used to think that when people would say 'Pick Your Battles' they were just lazy and didn't want to stand up for what's worthy of a fight...

Now having said that I would have to say... "WOW there are so many people that need to just fucking relax already."

But then again I also like the whole fix what's broken at home before you attempt to save the world... and yet I know so many people who are so gung-ho about trying to save the world and yet their home life could definitely use some polishing... badly.

Then there are those who have a wonderful family who don't pay too much attention to what's going on around the world.

So... hmm...


No comments: