Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

ok the past couple of weeks I've had a few strange phone calls... I thought it was just happening on my cell... but apparently not.

A couple of weeks ago I checked my cell and there was a strange number on it saying that I had missed the call.
Then last week same number on the phone, this time a voice mail was left. A very old man asking me for the name of the cancer doctor I had gone to because he thinks he may need to go ask them some questions.
Then last night we were all sitting around and my cell went off again (everyone knows not to call my cell, it's only used for texting) so I got up and went over to it and there was the Dunnville number on it again. So I did a reverse look up on it after hearing the message. Again, very old man, this time saying 'John was that you who called me earlier and let it ring about 10 times? I was in the bath tub.'
Ok, so I couldn't just let it go because it's quite obvious this old guy has my cell number and seems to think my name is John. So I grabbed the house phone and gave the ol' guy a call.

Yep, really strange I know but it bothered me, not in a 'I'm really upset stop calling me it makes me angry' kind of way.

So he answers the phone and I very politely let him know that I think he has my cell number mixed up with some one elses. I repeated his voice mail to him per his request as he had apparently forgotten what he had said. Come to find out in the 2 minutes I was on the phone with him explaining the situation; he has 4 boys, he's just turned 90 years old, he was in the tub when someone called him earlier, he was quite embarrassed about the mix up and that he lives in Dunnville on his own.

He apologized and said he would check with his son (John) to find out what his cell number was and wouldn't call back. I politely told him it was quite alright I just wanted to make sure he was calling the right number so that he and/or John didn't get worried about not hearing from one another.

So then tonight, the land line rings, I look at the caller id and notice that it's a cell number and answer it figuring that maybe it was the Manchild's father or something.

Nope.

I get an automated message explaining that I just received a Telus cell to landline text. If I wished to hear it press 1... intrigued I pressed it. The automated voice reads the following to me;

FWD Are you alright, I heard you weren't. A friend told me you built a penis on the front lawn made of snow, and that your lips are stuck to it.

I had to press 3 to hear that again. Not only did I find the message itself funny, hearing the robotic female voice say it was even funnier.

The Man came out of the bathroom to see me laughing and the kids confused.

I recited the message to all of them and they all started laughing as well.


Yep never ending barrel of fun times going on here ;)

No comments: