Friday, December 31, 2010

One More Post Before The Changing of The Year...

As I sit here with my TV blaring the concert in Niagara Falls, and the kids play Yu-Gi-Oh over on the couch and the Man lays on the love seat with his laptop, I couldn't help but think that I needed to write just one more entry before 2011 starts in about an hour and a half.

New Years Resolutions? take 'em or leave 'em...?

I leave 'em... I've not made them... they do seem a bit pointless... people forget them by ground hog's day... or at least by St Patty's Day when they all go back to drinking their faces off... or for women the first time they step back on a scale again they go for that bucket of ice cream because they hadn't lost that 15 lbs yet... lol

Yeah so I just don't bother with them... and I don't ask others what their resolutions are.

So Christmas take 2 is happening tomorrow... the Man's mother woke us up this morning saying that since it's warm out she'll be heading down this way tomorrow... rather then on Monday because apparently the weatherman, who by the way is right only about 5% of the time, says that it's supposed to freeze on Sunday... ok so fine whatever... however... now I have to thaw an almost 15lb frozen solid turkey... #fml

So this also means that the Man is leaving earlier then anticipated... only good thing about that is that maybe he'll be back sooner.

I really prefer to hibernate if I can when the weather gets cold... he takes the Boychild to school and to Cubs and he goes to the store... pretty much anything that happens outside the front door... he does all that in the winter... so for a week maybe two... I'm going to have too. :( my doesn't want to...

Got a couple of single beds for the boys last night.. thank you Ikea and lady on the other side of town... they broke their bunk beds just before Christmas... they seemed much happier this morning now that they're up off the floor...

The hosts just said a few minutes ago that if you want good luck in the New Year that you should be standing next to a tall dark haired man when midnight rolls around... the Man will have to work for being tall this evening since Big Daddy's not around... ;)

And now back to Great Big Sea, Offishal Kardinal, and Barenaked Ladies...

Happy New Year... I hope you make it through 2011 unscathed.

No comments: