Monday, December 06, 2010

Reindeer Coming and They're Gonna Eat Your Begonias

Alright first off let me start off this post by saying...

It is NOT my fault.

Some are going to blame me and even curse me after they hear what I have to say... but I'm sticking to my guns and staying with the... It's Not My Fault.

So I'm on the phone with Big Daddy last night and I was laughing at him for living in a state that most people would assume would be warm enough to not get snow and yet it has snowed there at least 5 times (according to him) already this winter.
I mean c'mon he lives in a desert ffs...
So last night I did some finger pointing and some laughing at the fact that sure I live in the south and we haven't had any snow. Sure it's the South of Canada but still south ;)


The common misconception with most individuals south of the Canadian border is that as soon as you pass over that invisible line that separates the two countries that you're now in igloo and dog sled country. (I shit you not... oh the stories I could tell and maybe one day will) the fact is that where I live we get less snow then the rest of the province for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with the Niagara Escarpment that sort of shelters the city from a lot of the snow that hits south of us i.e. Fort Erie/Buffalo. There has been times that I've found out that my relatives have been snowed in at their homes yet I look out the window and there's like an inch of snow on the ground.
Man I love my city.

Anyway... so where was I in my story?

Right so I was laughing at Big Daddy and all the snow where he is, which he wasn't overly impressed with, but still loves me (yay!).

So the Man is crawling back into bed this morning and grumbles at me "It's all your fault..." to which of course I (who am sleeping and cramping and trying to not kill him for waking me) respond with "What?"
He says in my ear as he burrows back under the covers "It's snowing."
I sighed and went back to sleep.

So contrary to what the Man says... this is not my fault. It's December 6th, it's Canada, it's winter... it's it's... it's not my fault.

So since I'm not taking the blame I think I'll shirk off the blame and turn around and say that it's just nature. ;)

I like snow... I dislike the cold but I really don't mind snow... it makes for some really pretty pictures.

I love you Big Daddy, thanks for the snow. ;)


No comments: