Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I met a man - a 'real' man ... and thats not
something you can explain ... after years of experience, having them
come and go from your life, you learn to diffferentiate between the
boys you call men , and the ones who ARE men. It's an attitude, a
respect, a sense of responsibilty they carry with them ...its the
rational mind , and the loving and kind heart ... its in the way
they learn how to truly appreciate and treat a woman. This man and I
started as friends, and then became best friends ... the foundation
upon which any intimate relationship should be based. We developed
that mutual respect, and admiration ... and after several months, it
matured into a deep and abiding love. We've held each others
hearts and hands through such difficult times, and the trust we had
for one another was unbounded. It's impossible to look this man in
the face and argue - my heart melts when I look at him. It's
impossible to go shopping without seeing something I know he'll
love. It's impossible to imagine life as an old woman without him by
my side. I am 25 years old, and I know that for the first time in my
life, I am truly "in love" with someone. This feeling, too, is not
something that can be put into words. When someone asks if I love
him - its not telling them yes, and then debating that in my own
mind ... its knowing YES. Its not my head answering; its my heart.
Its a feeling that envelops your entire being .. and one that cannot
be duplicated. It's something that lifts you to a place you've never
been before.
All that said, this is a man with whom I've learned I can never
share a life. My heart has been opened like it never has been before. I can accept a new man
into my life, and I look forward to doing that. The love I hold in
my heart will never die ... but that's why its so important to base
any relationship on an undying friendship. I can fall back on that,
and accept that that is the role we will play in each other's lives.
I know that should any harm come upon me, he will be there ... and
he knows I would do the same for him. No anger, no harsh words, no
tears ... just warmth & affection.

No comments: