Saturday, December 18, 2004

Mommy By Day, Crazy Monkey Lover By Night...

"If this world is wearing thing and you're thinking of escape, I'll go anywhere with you, just wrap me in chains, but if you try to go alone, don't think I'll understand.....Stay... Stay with me... In the silence of your room, in the darkness of your dreams you must only think of me, there can be no inbetween when your pride is on the floor, I'll make you beg for more...Stay...Stay with me"

WOW....long days...
yesterday was one fine example of a long day...
Mom came to pick me and the smallest midget monkey up at about noon... we went to Cupolo Sports, we picked up The EX's skates that had to be sharpened... well of course while we're there I start looking at skates for the littlest midget monkey, the big midget monkey has been in skating lessons for almost two years now and the littlest one wants to skate too...
I think that Keenan is going to be a hockey player... he hasn't even gotten on the ice yet but theres just something about the way he was in the sports store... I hope he really doesn't want to play hockey.... don't get me wrong I like watching hockey... especially if someone I know is playing inthe game... but not my babies. lol
Anyway... found the monkey some skates... omg they're so cute... cause they're so little... (remember people the kid is only 3) ... so my mom gets this bright idea... "Hey Rae lets see how much a pair would cost for you!" riiiiiight... this fat lil girl hasn't been ice skating in ten years... so I humour my mom by trying on skates... yeah...I bought a pair... aren't even broken in... omg... BTW incase anyone cares I prefer wearing mens/boys skates... but anyway...
get to the arena because the biggest midget has skating with his school...hence why we were picking up the EX's skates... whom by the way used to be a hockey player... blecch... there is something to be said about a man who can skate... but I digress...
So yeah you guessed it... this fat lil girl put on the brand new skates and wobbled her ass out to the ice...
clutching at the wall like a cat looking face on into a bathtub full of water... what does the EX do... oh yeah you can guess it... he comes skating up to me and does that wretched sideways snowplough "I'm gonna spray ya with a bunch of snow" stopping maneuver and starts laughing because I'm standing there wobbling all over the place... riiiight that was productive... anyway so I start slowly sliding around the ice... get to where my mom is on the other side of the wall as she sees me... she starts chuckling and says to me..."would you like me to call over Gambit and have him teach ya how to skate again?" ....geez thanks... support coming from everywhere... Gambit comes skating up with his friend...
Gambit-"Hey mom I thought you said you didn't know how to skate anymore?"
Me- "well doesn't look like I'm doing too well now"
Gambit- "aww it's ok my first day back on the ice I was wobbly too"
With that he took my hand and helped me around the rink... what a sweet kid...
I must say by the time I got off the ice I was actually skating again...not like I used too...but since now I have no excuse to not take the kid skating anymore looks like my skating will be improving... maybe next time we'll get some pics of the lil fat girl in skates... don't hold your breath.... :P So I've come to the conclusion that I was like a weeble ;)
"Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!"

Maybe after I come home from shopping I'll tell you how I almost killed Raistlan

"You'd better hope and pray that you make it safe back to your own world, you better hope and pray that you wake one day in your own world, cause when you sleep at night they don't hear your cries in your own world, only time will tell if you can break the spell in your own world."

2 comments:

rfun6 said...

Well at least you can skate. I never did even learn to roller skate. My mom finally took me when I was high school age and she skated circles around me wobbling around. And I know I never even put on a pair of ice skates, so I think you are doing pretty good. If I were to try that stuff now, bones would probably break. Oh I liked weebles. :)

Amanda said...

awww no bruised tushie to rub?