Saturday, October 23, 2004

Strange Book...

So I have this book that I've had for a couple of years...andI've started the book several times...for this reason or that reason I've always ended up putting it down and not pickin it back up until a lil while later when I think well geez maybe I should finish this book. Well Shadow picked it up the other day and decided to read it. When he picks a book to read...he spends all his spare time on the bus to and from work and at breaks or what not reading said book. So today he walks in and says to me this book is fucked. I think to myself uh ok...is he not graspin it or something... so then he sits down and explains why the book is fucked. I figure out why it is I never got thru the book. I decided to look up the publishing company and send the editors an email...However Shadow was reading it over my shoulder and said I couldn't send it like that....so I said fine I was going to finish writing it the way I would like it to be written and share on my blog :D So here it is for you guys...

Hello there,
I have purchased the book "The Book Of Five Rings" and was in the midst of reading it when I came across an oddity.
Reading along from page 1 I got to page 44 and when I turned the page to finish the paragraph I was reading, I turned the page to find page 13. So I kept turning the pages to see ifI could find page 45, alas there is no page 45 in the book. Not just that it goes from page 1 to 44, again flipping page 44 brings you to page 13. From there you have page 13 thru to 44 again, however upon turning the second page 44 I did not find page 45 I found page 77. Then from 77 to the end of the book seems to be in order. Now I sat and thought to myself....is this some kind of ancient Japanese secret of book reading or is this book just screwed up. So I figured I would send you an email to see if I must get a secret decoder ring to read this book, either that or I would like to see if there is something you can do. Namely provide me with a new copy of the book, if you would like the copy I have thats fine so that you can see the printing problem that has occurred. I'm telling ya I've never seen anything like this in all my years of reading and seriously I've been reading since I was four.
Anyway please let me know how we can rectify this situation.
Yours Truly,
Rae


And incase you're wondering...yes the book is truly that screwed up. LOL

4 comments:

Moon said...

well geez it's so simple really...the missing pages are in another dimension and u need said rings to extricate the written word on them, as for the repeating numbers thats just different layers in the space/time continueum thus although same in page number, each layer has a different meaning....sheesh do I have to draw you a picture....rolls eyes

JustSue said...

There's alot to be said for sticking to the newspaper funnies.

rfun6 said...

Whew.... that goodness it wasn't the book I sent you!! :) Big relief now. LOL

Sue said...

I know you don't know who the Heck I am since I found your blog via the "next blog" button.

I just wanted to let you know I had a copy of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe that was just like that. Kept on repeating the same 40 or so pages over and over. Funny thing is I still having the f-ing thing . . .