Sunday, October 03, 2004

"Time is of the essence"

"Easy as pie"

"Long in the tooth"

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

"All bent out of shape"

"Madder then a wet hen"

"Fit to be tied"

"That chaps my hide"

"That gets my goad"

"Before you were a gleam in your fathers eye"

"It's all over but the crying"

"Like shooting ducks on a pond"

"God willing and the creek don't rise"

"Grasping at straws"

"Hope against hope"

"On a wing and a prayer"

"You got your just desserts"

"Waiting for the other shoe to drop"

"Speak with a forked tongue"

"A Cock and bull story"

"Don't pull the wool over my eyes"

"Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door"

"There's no such thing as a free lunch"

"As horny as a three balled tomcat"

"Horny as a peach-orchard boar"

"Horny as a three peckered billy goat"

"Chew the fat"

"In two shakes of a lambs tail"

"A laugh a minute"

"A stitch in time saves nine"

"Better to have one in the hand then two in the bush"

I could go on but I choose to stop here...this is a list of cliches that I just don't get or I think are kinda stupid.

If you know what any of them mean by all means share with the rest of the class.

My favourite cliche is "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"

*********************************************************

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ive been known to say "Horny as a Toad"

And dont forget my own classic ode to success "I licked that bitch and made her cry"