Sunday, October 07, 2012

I Second That Emotion...

I've written about it before...and I'll likely do it again...

Escapism

We all have coping mechanisms... whether it's losing ourselves in a book, TV show, movies, video games or just the internet itself...

It's ways for us to deal with our own lives and the shit that goes on them in smaller doses... or allow us to look at it from a different perspective so that we can deal...

I generally fall really hard into my preferred forms of escapism when I'm not wanting to deal with life...one of my ways to escape my life is taking trips... and then I escape while on my trips into my books, internets or something else...

this trip hasn't been any different...

I've escaped part of my life in order to deal with another part of my life...so I've been escaping into my books...well technically Bing's Nook...which of course is just making me want one even more...but anyway... I have a feeling I've read these particular books before...but there's only parts of them that have seemed familiar enough for me to think it for a moment before hitting the next part of the book and thinking...ok I don't remember that...

Considering the emotional outbursts I've had while here I've been keeping the majority of everything locked away... trying not 'dwell' (as Bing would say) but it's hard to not have a reminder every now and then that...I'll never be here again...and that makes me a little sad...I've had some real fun times here with Bing...I've had some not so good moments...but one without the other wouldn't be the same...

I really don't want to say goodbye to Bing...I really don't want to lose my Big Daddy... but...

*ahem* enough of that...

I packed up the majority of my stuff last night...still have a bit of tidying up to do and some more stuff to be packed up tomorrow after I get up and shower... so really... I'm sort of sitting here with not much to do...

so typing while thinking...and listening to The Hip...

need to drive over to Wally's World in a bit to grab something I want to make for supper...

I didn't really think that missing Thanksgiving was going to be a big deal to me... but on FB I'm seeing all the messages of what people are doing for Thanksgiving and I'm a bit bummed...

Thankfully my family decided to take pity on me and they're holding off their dinner until the Oct 13... we all sort of had other plans so it works out well... might still try to do something with the Man and the Boys...but we'll see...

blah...will post more later...talking to The Man on skype...

No comments: