Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Project B

So those who know me know that I love my breasts...

Since I started getting them I've been kind of partial to them... lol

Anyway... While I was in Reno I saw one of the girls from derby post about Project B...

A photographer who is raising awareness for breast cancer through photography.

~Five years ago, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. Due to this, she had to undergo a mastectomy and luckily, was able to fight off the disease and I am thrilled to say that she is still alive today. But this disease is rampant and many many many women are not as fortunate. I had a dream back then to try to do something about it. To attempt to do my part. To do something in honour of 
my mother, and for women everywhere.

I decided that I would use my photography, and begin a project of art, full of love, and beauty. A project to show the purity and image of normal women from all walks of life, baring themselves in protest to this disease, with courage and humility. A piece of timeless art with an elegance in the face of cancer. I encourage you to like this page, and join us in this process as we grow this project huge!~


So a couple of the girls from the league have decided to help out with the project and I've decided to do it too.

I'll be meeting with the photographer on Friday to discuss the project, my photo shoot and look over the paperwork.

I'm actually kind of excited about it...

One of the derby girls has just survived breast cancer and been given the clear to skate again...I've had many people close to me effected by cancer...family...friends...teachers...
I've raised money by doing the walks...I wanted to do something different this time.


No comments: