Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Life = Distraction!

It's Tuesday.

Yep I know what the day is... I have had one helluva fucking week I tell you what...

A week ago today I woke up and didn't leave my room until it was dinner time I was trying to keep myself composed because I was grieving pretty badly.

I didn't want to cook...didn't really want to do much of anything to tell you the truth...

So the Man and I decided to take the kids out for dinner because the Manchild was still here so that he could be here with his brother while I got picked up from the airport... at dinner we discussed the Manchild's living situation and by the end of dinner he decided that we would go to pick up the rest of his stuff rather than going to drop him off at his father's house...

That wasn't the most pleasant of situations that evening...but we did it... I was just glad to have him decide that he wanted to finally move in with us to get away from his father's whore...

So Wednesday was busy as hell as we ran to Niagara Falls to get his high school transfer papers and a couple more of his things. Running back into St Catharines to the first high school that we wanted him to go to....they were capped and wouldn't take him... so off to the second one got him all set up there but was pissed that he wasn't able to get into any French...because apparently a lot of high school's when doing cuts cut all French after grade 9...WTF?! but he could have picked up a Spanish class next term if he wanted...um bi-lingual with French in this country...not Spanish... not yet...

After that had to go talk to our case worker and tell her that living arrangements had changed and gave her all the Manchild's information.

Then we had to go run out to doctor's appointments with Dr. Awesome. Poor Manchild had to come because we were running late for our time slots. He got to see the doc though and agrees that he looks like Santa...lol

I talked to Doc Awesome about the rapid weight loss while I was in Reno...we bounced some ideas of why that happened off of each other... one of which makes sense is that the difference in elevation was a key factor as well...especially with how much the elevation changes were affecting me in other ways...

Both of us are just hoping that the weight stays off.

Thursday...came around with the Manchild going to his first day of school here in the city... the Boychild had karate and I went out to derby practice... with me walking out of it telling The Man 'I need to call the doctor tomorrow!'...

Friday tried the doctor for a couple of hours in the afternoon to no avail in regards to getting one...

That night I was feeling out of it and was really wanting to get out. So I got a ticket for the All Ontario Roller Derby Skills Competition and ended up going on Sunday with Bella and her hubby. That was some fun I needed. Watched 6 of our derby girls try there best to win. They did awesome especially for girls who've only been doing this for one season, they went against girls who have been in derby for years.

Saturday went to Pumpkinville and then down to Mum's for our belated Thanksgiving celebration...there was a house full of us...it was a nice distraction...

Unfortunately that's what life here has become at the moment... a distraction...hopefully it'll slide back into being in the forefront... but for now...life is a distraction to make me not think to hard about the shit that makes me want to cry...

Such as... distraction #560 - still bleeding... *sighs* I have a doctor's appointment which was supposed to be a follow up to the procedure that I had almost 6 weeks ago now... but it may turn into a 'Doc why am I still bleeding from a period that started on the 6th of Oct??' appointment instead... further updates will be shared... whether it's TMI or not...

Distraction #4223 Derby and getting back to hittin' bitches...actually that should be like distraction #2 but anyway... going to see the doc on Monday to find out if I can put my damn skates back on yet...I'm getting the need to scratch that itch real bad... the girls have been great about it as well... telling me they can't wait until I get back on my skates...one even told me that she can't wait until I hit her...lol that made me feel a lot better.


Added this because this is the perfect song that serves as a reminder of what my Trip to Bing's was like. I will always think of that last trip when I hear this song....the lyrics are so apropos

No comments: