Sunday, January 22, 2006

Friday (Cuba Vacation)

Dear Raistlan,
Oh my God hun, what a long fucking day I've had!
We got picked up at moms at approximately 1:05am by the Niagara Airbus. I nodded in ands out of sleep. We picked up two other couples in St Catharines, they were older couples. One couple were going to Cuba as well (not on our flight). The other couple were going to the Dominican. I passed out again on the way to Toronto, woke up just as we came into the terminal drop off.
Went through all the airport shite without any problems.
The plane was too small (funny to say since it was a Boeing 757... not a bad sized plane from the outside) and I swear we took the 'mommy and me' flight. There were so many kids/babies!!
The three of us were so squished, the flight felt like it took days rater then a few hours.

Anyway, landed in Holguin, climbed down the stairs to the tarmac, got my first look at the airport. It looked like a big warehouse. Ya had to follow everyone into a big open area where everyone had to get into lines to go thru the customs check point.
We had to walk into this little booth with a customs officer behind a glass panel and there was a mirror behind me angled so that they could see my back. The guy I had just took my passport, VISA and ticket receipt, looked at all of it kept his part and stamped another part and handed it all back to be and nodded at me to go through, never said anything or ask me any questions.
Then we had to stand in line to go thru the x-ray and metal detector. Then we stood in line to exchange the US money. Foound out that we should have just left it as Canadian funds. Theres a surcharge on the US dollar. So again, after getting it exchanged I didn't have as much as I thought I had.
Finally got out to the bus, I had to change my shirt in the airport, I was sweating like a whore on coupon day. Thank the Gods there was AC on the bus.

For most of the bus ride I was trying to keep my eyes open, finally I passed out, but not before I saw how they live. Their houses have no windows on the frames (if they had frames), the roofs are mainly some sort of mud mixture and the palm frawns, the cars I did see were so old. I'm hoping to get some pictures on the way back to the airport. I was just too tired today. So we finally got to th resort, I tried calling a couple of times with my cell but there is no digital network here. I'll be sending you an email hopefully tomorrow. I miss you so much.

The resort is really nice. Sis and I are in one room that is upstairs and down the hall from mom. We got signed in had some lunch. I had a shower and we all took a nap.
Getting up in time for dinner we went to the buffet. They have a good selection. We have a 'welcome to the resort' meeting tomorrow at noon, so that they can tell us how things work here.

I think we're gonna make reservations at the grill restaurant tomorrow. I love you baby.

The pina coladas have sucked ass, so I tried this other drink that some woman in a wedding dress told us about, I think it was called a Verradaro Sunrise. It's a three colored drink, grenadine and vodka in the bottom, orange juice and pineapple juice in the middle and then some sort of green coloured rum in the top layer...
Anyway....
Oh there is a time difference here. We are an hour ahead of you right now. Guess they just started participating in daylight savings this oast summer.

Anywho too tired to write anymore... I miss you and love you baby...

No comments: