Thursday, January 26, 2006

So Don’t Go Breaking My Heart, I Won't Go Breaking Your Heart

Well I'm home again...

Things are starting to get back to normal ... I guess... Raistlan's at work... Keenan is watching Digimon and reading a comic book... and I'm at my computer... so yeah I guess thats normal...

Would hate to think I'm being whiney... So I'll keep this factual and to the point...

Supraventricular Tachycardias - SVT

yep thats what it's called...

What is that?
well since you asked, oh so nicely...

'Fast heart rhythms beginning above your ventricles, in your atria can have symptoms of palpitations (pounding in your chest), dizziness, chest pain, clamminess and shortness of breath. These abnormally fast rhythms frequently occur in people who do not have heart disease, and can affect children, young adults and older adults. These abnormal rhythms are usually due to electrical signals that form "short circuits" and fast heart beats'

Cardiac Ablation

thats how we're gonna fix me up...
The procedure lasts about two hours and as long as everything goes alright I'd only be in the hospital overnight...

if everything goes wrong...
they'll rip open my chest and put in a pacemaker... and then I'd have this really nifty scar and will be in the hospital a lot longer then just overnight...

I just called my cardiologist in Niagara Falls to let them know that my new cardiologist in Toronto wants me to get an echocardiogram (an ultra sound of my heart) before we go ahead with the procedure...

So I called and thats all set up for February 20th at 10:15am...
so I guess I'll post on Feb 21st when the procedure will be...

Dr Harris was very nice and very patient and very thorough.. I liked her :)

but again met with the doctor who would not be doing the procedure... *shrugs*

and some of you may not get this...but I'm really fucking scared... I know thats hard to believe since I'm such a hard core bitch, especially to idiots... I understand that my friends are here for me... and how this procedure just seems and sounds so easy... but it's freaking me out... the only ones who seem to get that are the doctors... the ones who look at me sideways and say are you sure you want to do this? the ones who should be wanting me to do this so that they can get paid the big bucks... I'm fucking terrified...
And what if they have an extreme fuck up... would you come to my funeral?

2 comments:

Anna said...

You have every right to be terrified, this is your heart we're talking about but I know everything is going to be fine Rae, how can I be sure of that?

Well...you've got a whole lot of people who love you and that doctor wouldn't want to find him/her self having to explain to all of us why our babygirl isn't at home bitching someone out ;).

Moon said...

I think if you weren't scared or concerned I would be more worried...it is a good thing to be aprehensive inorder to make an informed decision and know what your getting into...I am glad you feel good about the Dr and she took the time needed to answer your questions and explain everything ...we are here for you , your already know that. I can not begin to truelly understand but I can certainly empathize and be here if u need me. Hugs my friend 0x0x