Monday, January 23, 2006

Thursday Morning (Cuba Vacation)

Thursday Morning

Ok so back to yesterday.
Mom paid to get the professional picture of herself getting kissed by the dolphins and sis paid for me to get 'the foot push'' and 'the kiss' so those are the two I knew (and they knew) of, after I did the foot push the trainer told me to go more into the centre of the pool and put my legs straight down and lock my knees - so I did - she made a hand gesture and they lifted me straight up into the air. I didn't realize what was going on until I was looking down at the water and realized I was standing on the dolphins out of the water... OH MY GODS it was so fucking cool. The only way to describe it is to say 'it was bloody brilliant!' the entire experience was.
The photographer got one of me standing on the dolphins as well...so Sis bought all three for me, the kiss, the foot push and me standing on them.

So after the aquarium we came back to the resort and ate lunch and went into the pool for a few hours.
Ended up playing water polo this time my team kicked ass! and I got the first two goals for my team! and three more assists! after that they guarded me pretty close. lol big change eh?

I still have a bunch of film left, especially since I found out that the underwater camera we bought is a disposable. So I have that roll of 800 to go into the Tony the Tiger Camera. So far I've taken about 40 digital pics, one full roll of film and maybe half of the other roll. So I thought I'd take a bunch of pictures today and maybe play some more ping pong (whoever thought you could get a good sweaty workout from playing ping pong...lol)

Oh yeah, I bet you're wondering why I'm not on my way to Santiago de Cuba right now... well thats a long story...
We went to our room yesterday to relax after swimming and mom came up to find us a little later to see what we were doing and see if we wanted to go to dinner soon... she found another lil note on our door from Stuart saying that mom's card had been denied due to American affiliations as well. Well what the fuck?!? we were pissed off! We had just gotten back from an excursion that we had thought was paid for on that card.
Because that little idiot decided to not let us know what was going on with the card. So we went downstairs to 'discuss' it with him. So he thought of a way to of a way we could deal with this (since we didn't have 300 pesos with us) So he was supposed to put it through the office in Canada and if there were any problems we would know in an hour. cool right?
Well we saw him later on in the evening and he never said anything to us. We had cancelled the Santiago de Cuba trip with him because we didn't want to chance having to owe even more money.

Hmm guess it wasn't that long of a story after all...

So that brings us to this morning...
Mom got a call at 8am asking her why we weren't downstairs for the excursion (to Santiago de Cuba) she told them that she had cancelled, they told her that we were still on the list, (they being the front desk people) she told them to talk to Stuart and she hung up.

Sis and I stayed in our room until almost 11am(11am is when Stuart gets to the resort) So mom came up to get us so we could all go downstairs (See sis and I can be pretty intimidating when mom lets us, mom sat on the couch with Stuart facing him and Sis sat on the other side on the edge of the couch with temper flaring, and I stood in front of Stuart in an 'at ease' position, just staring him down last night...you could tell he was extremely nervous to be around three angry women) we sat on one of the nearby couches waiting patiently for him to finish with another group of suckers...err... I mean people. Finally Sis got real tired of waiting for him so she switched to another couch that was right across from them and sat on the arm staring at him.

He excused himself for a moment and went over to talk to Sis. Ok get this he told Sis - well asked actually - why didn't we go on the excursion today? ....um...hello?!? and then follows it up with he hasn't gone to the office yet to put the paper work through...obviously he's not too worried about the fact that we're leaving at 8 am tomorrow.

Anyway I'm off to lunch at the Italian restaurant now. I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my rainy day

No comments: