Sunday, January 22, 2006

Saturday (Cuba Vacation)

Dear Raistlan,
Hey Honey, I miss you!
Today was a lazy day - well I think. We got up went down to breakfast. After breakfast went to find a chair by the pool. Sat by the pool drinking daquiri's (Took a bunch of pictures today) went for a swim.
At noon we had the 'welcome to the resort' meeting. They gave us a brochure that showed us all the excursions we could sign up for (for a fee of course). They all sound really cool especially the one where they take you out on a boat to an aquarium in a bay where they have dolphins that you can swim with.

Anyway after talking to Stuart (our rep) mom paid the extra money so that we could (when we leave) get the VIP treatment at the airport. Less waiting, a lounge to sit in, and it has AC which the rest of the airport doesn't.

I'm finding every couple of hours or so I need to go into one of the buildings here on the resort to keep from getting over heated.

So after our meeting and getting the VIP tickets straightened out we went for lunch. Oh we made reservations for the Cuban Grill Restaurant for 6:30pm. We went for a walk down to the beach (I took a bunch of pictures down there) on the way back we stopped at the lil archery spot and Sis and I shot a round each. We came back to the pool, mom and I went back in the pool and swam around and then (get this) we did aqua aerobics...mom so conned me into that and while we did that Sis went and put her bathing suit on and caught the tail end of the session. Sis stayed in and played a good game of water polo with a bunch of the other guests and her team won.

After the game we came up to get ready for dinner. I looked pretty darn good in my black dress ;)
Went down and had some drinks and went to dinner. The service was great, BUT they didn't give us enough food when they brought out our dinner. We ended up wandering over to the buffet to grab seconds .

OH MY GOD!!! the dessert in the restaurant was the foulest thing I ever put in my mouth, it had the consistancy of hard cold solidified semen -blecch!! pour caramel on top of that and try eating it. Mom got a picture of that reaction so when she gets her pictures back I'll have to show you. lol oh my Gods it was so gross!!

Anyway after dinner and the second helping. Thats when I paid 3 pesos and got the time on the internet and sent you the email, sent a couple others as well as a couple for mom and another couple for Sis...

Then I came back upstairs and got changed and went back down for the nightly entertainment, after that was thru I came upstairs to the room and I've been writing this letter to you and watching Spiderman 2 (I'm thinking they must steal US satellite, because there is only 4 channels in Cuba however I was watching TBS and HBO)

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go snorkeling as well as horseback riding. Thats the two things I'd like to do. I love you baby and I miss you so much.

2 comments:

Anna said...

OMG...are you kidding me, flan is yummie. All I can say is they must have made it really bad because everyone loves flan.

I'll make you some with my secret ingredient when you come back to Chicago and trust me you'll taste the difference. Boriqua style flan, you gotta try it ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG I tried Flan once and it tasted like sour milk i've never tried it again everyone is like well whoever made it made it wrong but god it was AWEFUL