Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sometimes I cannot feel my face ... You'll never see me fall from grace

So I had wanted to sit down here and discuss karma... and how when some shit happens I'm glad that I can now sit back ... take a deep breath, smirk and just shrug it off as what others wish to do or say... I can't make them take back the insults or the rude things they say to others... I can just decide to not waste my energy on anger that they'll never know about anyway... I found a saying that I absolutely love and it has become my mantra of sorts...  

'How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.'


When I first read that it's like a light went on and I just suddenly knew... and since then... I've not gotten angry about what others have said about me to the extent that I used to... I acknowledge that it was shitty of them and move on...

And really... there's too much shitty-ness going on in the world today that to dwell on the pettiness of others is to just be as shallow as they are...

So the other night when it was brought to my attention that someone that was being super duper nice to my face has been super duper cunt-y behind my back. I chuckled and shrugged and said that's the way they are.

I'm not gonna get caught up in the llama-drama...


Tonight I went to Burton's planted our seeds for our gardens... had a lovely dinner... had some giggles... and was about to type something else about it and totally can't remember what else I was going to say...

-....fifteen minute pause...-

Oh right!

she shared some leftover taters with me! and they were yummy... bit soft because that's how ta-toes get when in the fridge... but they were as I said ...yummy! (oh and her onion bread was faboo...told her only way it could be better was to add cheese...lol)
So she told me how she made 'em... so I'm going to definitely try it out after I do some shopping... I really do hate the end of the month... it gets me so frustrated that I want to punch a baby...

but while we're on food... I made a dumpling stew the other night that was awesome... made the dumplings and kneaded shredded cheese and jalapeno relish... zomg! I need to do that again... way to yum filled... and not as spicy as one would think...the 'stew' part of it some how ended up tasting a bit like the gravy mix that you would find in a turkey pot pie... lol not sure how that happened but I could do it again ;)


No comments: