Sunday, March 13, 2011

You Bring A Heart With You Next Time...

Someone please tell me how it is you get through to a teenage boy that he really needs to take care of his skin... and how do you convince a 10 year old that he needs to brush his teeth... short of me having to go in there with him and do it myself...

Unfortunately the Manchild is finding out the hard way what acne is, and I hate to tell him that when he gets to high school they'll really make fun of him for it, and that's the last thing I want for him. As it is he's being sent to a high school where he's really not going to know anyone. He's really charismatic and funny and smart, but they're not gonna see that. If I think too much about the shit he's about to go through at high school I would do everything I could to keep him home... gah this parenting thing sucks large...

It's the beginning of Spring break here for the kids... we haven't got much planned and it's not like we were able to go on a vacation... so today was filled with board games, video games and movies...now what to do for the rest of the week... lol

I know I have a bunch of cleaning I'm supposed to be doing but really... when the kids are here cleaning is usually the last thing I want to be doing... but you know... sort of my job and all...

I was telling the Manchild today when I got up that I kept having dreams about his dad being in prison and for some  reason we lived right down the street so that when his dad was out in the yard he would go down and talk to him through the fence. It was a really strange dream. The kid thought it was funny and even gave me a reason as to why his dad might be in prison.

A lot of shit been going through my head lately... I suppose once I figure all the stuff out and am actually able to verbalize it a bit better I'll likely sit down and bore ya with it...

and now since I'm such a homebody I'm gonna go get ready for bed now that Gridiron Gang is over...

oh and before I go I just want to say... it's nearly impossible to do the Lotus Focus (3 minutes of meditating on the wii balance board) with the Man, the Boychild, the Manchild and two of the cats (especially when the cats are looking for lovings) in the living room...

No comments: