Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I went to bed early... had to revive a few people when I told them just after midnight that I was going to bed... Went to bed... fell asleep almost immediately... at some point I tried to roll over... I couldn't so I woke up to find out what had me pinned... it was the dead weight of a three year old laying with his bum between shadow and I and the length of his body across my chest... so I cuddled him up for a few minutes and then got him in my arms so I could carry him back to bed... somehow while trying to stand I got tangled in the blankets and my legs weren't quite awake and I plopped back down on the bed on my butt... how graceful... Kennan looked up at me and half giggled... so I went and put him back in his bed...
Went to the bathroom and went back to bed... was just about asleep when I fee; a little hand on my leg and a small child crawling back up the centre of the bed... I picked my head up and there he was again... this time he was laying on Shadow... so I sat up and whispered an explanation of it was the middle of the night and how he needed to go back to sleep...with thumb in mouth he nodded so I collected him in my arms again and stood up...a little more graceful this time... and took him back to his bed... turned on Tad his nighttime friend who plays sleepy music... and met Shadow on his way back to bed... apparently Keenan had been leaning on Shadow's bladder that time and woke Shadow up...
So I decided to have a smoke and write this in my blog before I go back to bed... in the hopes that sitting here having a cigarette will make me tired...
Oop just looked over my left shoulder and there's Keenan sitting on the floor of the kitchen... hmm time to pull out the big guns...
Blog ya later... *pulling out supermom cape and tights*

No comments: