Thursday, August 26, 2004

You know you've been friends with someone too long when you find yourself sitting there in your chair, and that friend is in the middle of telling you this really funny story about something that happened to them when they were younger. When you've heard the story a million times before, actually you've heard it so many times, you are filling them in on the part they missed. The only thing is a lot of times that friend doesn't realize that you're filling in the missing parts and you also have the biggest look of boredom on your face.
what do you do...as a friend do you say... I know you've told me that story before... or do you laugh at the story as if you've never heard it before?? do you tell your friend to get new stories? I dunno...

********************************************************************************

So twice now I've been nice and given a cigarette to someone at the bus station that has asked for one... the other day I notice when I'm sitting on the bus, a really skinny guy with a shaggy hair cut, dirty blue jeans and a plain red shirt. He looked like someone who just got off work from a construction job... walking along the platforms for the buses... then I noticed that he stopped infront of the cigarette/garbage can...poked his fingers around in the ashtray part and pulled out the cigarette I had just been smoking before I boarded the bus...

*********************************************************************************

On Tuesday night I ended up staying late at work because I had a call that went over the 10 o'clock mark...so I go trekking down the street to the bus station, not in a hurry because I know I have at least 45 minutes before the bus will even get there... so between each platform there is a lil section of benches... theres four double benches next to each other... (double in the sense that there is an arm rest in the middle of each benh spearating one bench into two seats) so I'm sitting on the far end of the one bench that is closest to my platform... some girl walks up and obeys the unwritten bus station rule of "when the benchs are empty except for one person you must sit at least one bench away", to my left... so after about ten minutes or so I decide to light a cigarette. So I notice that my smoke is blowing right into her face... so I turn to her to say something to her...and she has her shirt over her mouth and nose... so I chuckled to myself... and I asked her if she would like to change spots since I noticed that the smoke from my cigarette was blowing in her face... she thanked me and I said it was only fair since she wasn't a smoker... she rplies with "nope never smoked a day in my life, I'd like to live for those last ten years of my life rather than take them away"... I just nodded...but what I wanted to do was blow my smoke back in her face again.

**********************************************************************************

Have you ever been so frustrated with someone you'd like to slam their head into their computer monitor? I've been so frustrated with someone that I've I've wanted to flick them on the end of their nose...and I thought that was my boiling point for frustration...however it seems that I have an even higher threshold for frustrating people...

***********************************************************************************

HOW DO I LOVE THEE

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my saints,-I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

**********************************************************************************

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The voice of reason

1. Start thinking about your future.
2. Stop flashing your breasts on line
3. Go to night school.
4. Get a real life.
5. Focus on your kids. They are young once.
6. There is more to life then looking at a screen
7. Create your own opportunities.
8. Start hanging out with a better class of people.

If you want I'll tell you what I really think.

Good luck in your future, remember you are ONLY 25 !!!

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't say that above, my comment is a boring one. I was gonna say... since I quit,,,, smoke one for me Rae. LOL

Anonymous said...

Rae that's me, that's me! I talk about the same thing over and over again. Hey wait.....,,, it couldn't be me....., I've never been to you house. AH hell.... dang... and i thought it was me. Well then,, Never mind.
:) Posting: Anonymous Squirrels

Amanda said...

Rae, Ill hunt the weirdo down and kill him if he makes me miss out on my bittiage dose.