Monday, July 05, 2004

Are men and women truly that different?

Women tend to over analyze things, they tend to make things more complicated then they truly are, they tend to think that men are more complex then they actually are...

When a man says that he's thinking of nothing, why does that surprise women so much...is it because women are constantly analyzing their lives and trying to figure how to do things better, faster...is it because women are constantly thinking from the moment they wake up til the moment they go to sleep, between men, work, kids, school, extra curricular activities, dinner, grocery lists,etc... constantly.

Now as for men I obviously can't say too much from first hand experience but I can pass on what I have been told by some males I know...

Men don't care, men pretend not to care so that they will not have to get into lengthy discussions, men aren't always thinking, when they are thinking they are usually very linear thinkers. The focus on one thing at a time. Men don't think about past relationships at great length, they do not wonder about what if I had of done it this way or that. It does not take them two days to figure out what to wear on a date. They do not obsess over how they look. They tend not to be self concious when it comes to sex, they're just so happy when it comes along they enjoy it.

Do I know why we have such great differences...No of course not I would never presume that..not just that if I did I'd be a millionaire a few times over by now.
Do I know if what I've stated about men is true...no I don't...for all I know the men I talked to could have been blowing smoke out their asses because they are self concious...

I do know that women like men who will open up to them and tell them their feelings, and tell them what's really on their minds. Women want men who will confide in them their fears and hopes and dreams. They want a man who is honest, intelligent and forthcoming.

They don't want men who just tell them what they think women want to hear...they don't want the sugar coated version...they want the truth...they want openess...damnit they want to feel special...more so then anyone else...

Now what happens when that woman is no longer the special one in a man's life...how should they be treated...
Well if the two wish to remain friends...there should still be a degree of openness...yet keeping them at arms length so's not to lead her to believe that you want her back...
What men shouldn't do is flip flop from hot and cold...
if you want to still share thoughts and feelings with her then you should do that, it will make her feel like a special friend.
Cold shoulders and friends don't tend to mix very well...

Perimeters need to be set by the two who are not together as to what will make them both feel comfortable in each others presences...I have no answers as to what the perimeters should be...that would be a decision made by the two involved. But it should deinately be discussed between the two...it can't just be left hanging in limbo. Men might be able to deal with that, however most women I know can't deal with limbo, the footing is not solid there.

Women should not expect to still be considered "the" special one if there is a breakdown/breakup...

where did this blog come from??
from a few conversations I've had and also thoughts of my own...
hence why it's my blog...LOL

No comments: