Saturday, June 12, 2004

Anti-Military??

In the last six months or so I've been labelled as anti-military. I don't really think I am...I'm quite torn about how I feel about military to tell you the truth...

I believe that it's a good idea to have one to protect ourselves...but I believe that they should be necessary... I know it's a naive view point...it's naive to think that the world could actually exsist without war...

It's a nice pipe dream to think that maybe there could be a world without war...

Soldiers...hmm...I commented earlier that soldiers are either the stupidest people on the planet...or the bravest people on the planet...then a conversation I had with one popped into my head... "If I don't do it, who will?" thats so true... I know I'm too chicken shit to do it...so are a lot of others...which makes the soldiers the bravest people I know...yet they are the ones that have been sent in to do all the killing and following of orders from men who are usually hundreds of miles away that aren't at any risk of being killed...and for what?

Freedom? do we truly have freedom...not really....not when ya think about it...it's true that we have more freedom then others in the world...but we're still governed by others that don't alllow us ALL freedoms...but then on the other side of that...if we weren't governed by others and had those rules in place it would be total anarchy....or would it?

I have the utmost respect for soldiers...the ones that go out and lay there lives on the line...I truly do...because they know that there is a possibility of not coming home again...I feel sorry for the loved ones that have to watch them go off to wars...their wives, husbands, children and parents...having to watch them walk out that door wondering if they'll ever see them again...or worse if they do come home will they be the same person they were when they left...

I watch the movies, read the stories and see on the news...all the death and destruction that happens in the world because of wars and it makes me cry...because in my mind it seems so useless... death before your time is up seems like such a waste...

Soldiers no matter what side you are on, face the same problems, face the same things that you do... as a soldier you walk out that door and wonder if you'll make it...they as soldiers walk out their doors and wonder if they'll make it home to their loved ones again...

Both sides pray to God, even if they may not use the same name for him, they pray that they will win... when ya break it down wars are started for only a couple reasons, religion or land...

It falls down to the whole line of "Why can't we all just get along?" when ya think about it... Why can't everyone be happy with the land they have...and leave everyone to worship who and how they want...
I know I know it's a pipe dream...

So am I anti-military? no I don't believe so..I think I'm just anti-war... I don't support the troops in their efforts over seas...I support the idea of all of them coming home again..

So where did this whole view come from about war and military and such...well when ya sit and watch three movies in the span of 24 hours and they are about wars and such...ya begin to think...
Tears Of The Sun-war in Africa....We Were Soldiers-North Vietnam...Windtalkers-World War Two...

I dunno why I watch war movies... they make me cry... they always do... yet I still love watching them... a lot of my fav movies are either war movies or military based movies...


No comments: