Thursday, June 17, 2004

Fucking Computers

So I said good night to Anna... well technically good morning...but blah...anyway...

I go to check out all my friends journals and blogs and websites blah blah blah...I do it everynight before bed, and sometimes when I get up in the morning...

I double click on my IE icon...and my computer just starts spewing shite at me... AVG is screaming at me that theres a virus here and a virus there and run me quick before your computer explodes and blah blah blah...

So I think this was about 4 am I said g'night to Anna and all this shite starts happeing...ok so I calm down, I yell at the computer to calm the fuck down and we'll work out whatever little bugs it has... So I run AVG... doing a full system scan... got thru the C drive with 5 files infected... gets halfway thru the D drive and the computer restarts... grrrr I look at the tower... and mumble something about certain death... so when it comes back on... I go to pc-cillin.com start doing a home scan for just the C drive... nope restarted again... *lighting cigarette now out of sheer frustration* I look at the tower, which is now cowering from me down on the floor, and this time thru clenched teeth I say "listen you lil fuckhead, I need you to stay on to get the damn bugs out of you, fuckin work with me here!!"...so after it's done loading up...I open up AVG again... scanned just the C drive... yep up pops the 5 infected files... ok auto heals 3 files, puts 1 into something called a Virus Vault...and wait...it didn't say anything about the 5th one... yet it's saying that the drive is clean... odd I think to myself... so I think ok... now maybe IE will work... double click on it... bam computer starts spewing shit at me again... AVG starts screaming that theres viruses again... ok really fuckin pissed this time...glaring at the tower out of the corner of my eye now... it's lookin back at me scared to death that I'm about to impale it with a nearby sword... so I lok at the AVG warnings that have popped up... I decided to play a little game of search and destroy... so I typed in the file name and location...and BAM delete everything that was listed in the warning.... run AVG again on just the C drive... it pops up that there's 2 viruses...*sigh* FAWWWWWK!!! so I said fuck it I'll deal with it after I wake up... I cancel the rest of the scan...it cleans those two files... I turn off the computer and get into bed... Shadow wakes up... I start bitching about the computer and how I need to find the XP cd so that I can fix some stability thing... he's like oh... if I have the time before work I'll see if I can find it... neither one of us falls back to sleep... an arguement ensues... he gets up to have a shower... I get up to have a smoke... I look over my shoulder at the tower...it smiles weakly up at me from the floor... I reach over and turn the lil fucker back on... I run AVG again... no viruses... woo hoo I start cheering... I double click on the IE icon to get to my blog page... well if you're smart you'd have guessed it...thats right...didn't the fucking computer start spewing at me again...trying to download shit, telling me I have viruses again... I'm bout ready to pull my hair out when Shadow walks into the room... I point at the page that was coming up as the homepage...which of course wasn't my blog... and he goes "Oh" grabs the mouse...goes to the internet options in the Tools menu... erases whatever bullshit page was there... applies it... closes it...double clicks on the IE icon... and sure as shit nothing happened... I mean a page came up... but it wasn't spewing shit at me anymore... I wanted to hug him and punch him in the nuts at the same time...

So here I am at 8:25 am...after all this fucking shit...because all I wanted to do was read my friends blogs, journals and websites before I went to bed... *sigh* fuck I swear I'm an idiot some days... but at least I know now for next time...

So now I'm happy to announce that my computer is virus free and I've had no fucking sleep...and then I come to find out half you people didn't even update your own shit...LOL ain't that a kicker for ya...

Anyway...much love goes to Zeppy and Ergo for helpin me out today...thank you very much... Zepp somehow you make me think about the shit that I never want to think about...and damnit why do you always have to make so much sense.

Shana...I'll only exterminate Rob for you, if you get Tracy to get me the keys for Norms car so the three of us can go on that "other" road trip *wicked evil grin*

Shadow...As I said while laying in bed...don't give me that last option too many times...or you'll find that I'll take you up on it...and we don't want that.

Night...Red my blog damnit...it's not always about you...and damnit smile it won't kill ya :P LMAO

To everyone else...take the advice from the fruitcake lady "Keep Your Head High and Your Dress Down"

Blog Ya Later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure we can arrange that! *evil grin*